[Amazon] XFX DD R9 290X $479 Brand New.

TechFan@ic

Considering it's $170 dollars off how does the XFX cooler perform like?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

It's almost as cool as Sapphire and Asus.

It's pretty quiet as it only uses 1 of the 2 fans when idling or light loads

Very quiet, significantly cooler than stock.

I like the stock cooler, looks brill wished it was made out of metal though.  :huh:

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

I think the stock cooler looks very retro, has a volcanic theme about it as well. I wish it was made of metal as well or at least parts of it.

I want to get another R9 290 for my bro and customise the plastic shroud get a bit of R&D done. Order some aluminium and cut it out to fit the shroud and finally have a metal shroud instead.

I might be getting the Double Dissipation R9 280X soon, this is a good deal indeed. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Keep in mind if you get this card the "XFX" part of the shroud does light up. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I have the XFX 280x and the cooler is OK but the VRM temps go nuts.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife