Video Editing / Gaming Rig Suggestions

Any suggestions on what should be changed?( I went for the 750w corsair powersupply for two reasons, I plan to crossfire later

and I'm possibly going to get their cable kit. Also I have plenty of storage in my current machine so a 1TB should be fine for now.)

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ NCIX US) 

CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard:  Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card:  Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card  (Purchased For $200.00) 

Case:  Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($90.00 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $1242.94

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-27 00:26 EDT-0400)

If you're video editing, I would go for larger than a 1TB. Try a 2 or 3TB Blue or Black, and I might throw in a 64 or 128gb SSD for boot. Everything else looks good, but I would go nVidia for GPU - the 7950 is getting pretty old, but if it works for you thats fine.

Hope this helps!

BenestoTech

Yo whats up.

If you have plenty of storage, why not check out a solid state? Just an idea - that 4770k pushing through a HDD will definitely be a little overkill for your use.

Pew Pew Helicopters

budget? Use the quote button if you want my help

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You'd want more space between the cards if you're planning to cf.

Could also be cheaper: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3RHlz

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're video editing, I would go for larger than a 1TB. Try a 2 or 3TB Blue or Black, and I might throw in a 64 or 128gb SSD for boot. Everything else looks good, but I would go nVidia for GPU - the 7950 is getting pretty old, but if it works for you thats fine.

Hope this helps!

BenestoTech

I already have a SSD boot drive and a 2TB HDD :P I agree on the 7950 getting old but I don't want to just put it in storage when it still has some kick especially in crossfire.

You'd want more space between the cards if you're planning to cf.

Could also be cheaper: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3RHlz

Should I step up the MOBO to a ROG Hero and get a bigger case? (I'm also going for aesthetics)

Should I step up the MOBO to a ROG Hero and get a bigger case? (I'm also going for aesthetics)

Looks are subjective. Unless you're stuffing the case with watercooling, a large empty case wouldn't really look good.

Also, looks are subjective. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.