Case LED Lights

alek

I am looking to get some red LED lights for my case what are some good ones to get

Bitfenix alchemy strips.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

Bitfenix alchemy strips.

agreed, they're pretty sweet looking.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812551002

Just 7 bucks.  I have it mounted on my side panel and it gives the case a brilliant glow.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

The two brands I've seen in person are NZXT and BitFenix strips. The prior have LEDs closer together which makes it more consistent, but the latter has brighter LEDs. I like the BitFenix ones better for red LEDs as they tend to be not so bright, I think the NZXT will be the best for the typically very bright colours like white and green, and then any other colours would be a toss-up. A bit of guesswork there though.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Linus featured a guy on his channel one day who owns his own shop. Google Ice Modz. I've dealt with him before for the LED lighting for my 600T and it was a pleasure to work with him. I'd rather support the "little guy" who has his own business than some insanely large company that already makes tons on other products in the first place.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

If you don't mind soldering them, HitLights makes 15ft strips for around 15 USD + shipping. http://www.hitlights.com/ls3528-rd-gn-bl-161.html

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

I have a question!!! In regards to Bitfenix Alchemy strips. Lets say I cant get them from the company I buy stuff from but they have NZXT LED strips. Would they be a comparable substitute?

Linus featured a guy on his channel one day who owns his own shop. Google Ice Modz. I've dealt with him before for the LED lighting for my 600T and it was a pleasure to work with him. I'd rather support the "little guy" who has his own business than some insanely large company that already makes tons on other products in the first place.

agreed ill probably check him out

Um those get soldered directly to the 12v wire on the molex and the black ground wire right?

They have little holes you can punch out with a thumbtack, then you slip your wire through them, solder it, and trim the excess wire. And yes, you would then route that to 12V and ground.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

I bought theese, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UVCK9S/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and spliced on a molex conector, they are very bright and have a bunch of difrent modes like breathing flashing and sound active. good buy I think.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

I've thinking about playing with oled strips

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Bitfenix alchemy strips.

They are excellent, I can recommend. Super sticky and super bright.

He also has amazing customer support, sent him a question and wrote the wrong email i also wrote my name, after not getting a reply i was wondering if he was busy or something but then i subscribed to his youtube he noticed that my youtube name was the same as my regular name so he contacted me via google plus and helped me choosing a power supply and gave me an answer :) link: http://www.icemodz.com/

You may also want to consider giving the nzxt hue a look. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992011 Everyone i know who has one is more than happy with it.It may not have the highest diode density,but you cant beat a 6 foot strip with a controller that can be red green or blue or any of the colors inbetween for 30$.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                                      RAM: 16gb kington hyperx predator                                                               Drives: 120GB kingston hyperx,1tb westerdigital caviar greeen

Motherboard: Asus Maximus hero vIII                  Graphics Card: geforce Titan xp                                                                                                                                     PSU:XFX 850w pro

Case: Coolermaster HafX                                     CPU Cooler:Undervolted sp120 pushpull H100i                   Deathadder black edition-filco majestouch ninja 2             Monitor:    3xAcer H236HL 

I suggest you get the NZXT Hue.

Why the NZXT hue?

1) gives you proper control how RED you want your Red

2) has different Lighting options (cycle, breathing, etc.)

3) Gives you the option to switch the lighting off if you so desire for some reason

4) ability to explore other color Schemes to your Liking. 

5) though it costs more it also has the 2meter long LED strip that is usally way more than enough.

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D