Watch Dogs Performance | SLI Improvements

Aha, someone can't accept the truth? Lol. Too funny.

I think you're living in a fantasy world because apparently you're the only one who is understanding you.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

I'll get you some screenshots of my exact settings tomorrow morning so you can make sure we are on the same page. Since our rigs are almost the same there is no reason you can't run it at ultra.

This would be great! In the meanwhile I found someone who had Medium Textures and other settings on Ultra apart from DoV and Motion Blur. Gives me around 40-50 FPS without stuttering and still decent looks. Good for now but still curious how you did it! 60FPS is a must for me :)

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

This would be great! In the meanwhile I found someone who had Medium Textures and other settings on Ultra apart from DoV and Motion Blur. Gives me around 40-50 FPS without stuttering and still decent looks. Good for now but still curious how you did it! 60FPS is a must for me :)

The last setting that is cut off is for v-sync. I just have that set to off in the driver.

9c14b9f561.png 767a3474df.png

Hey, what's up slunts?

The last setting that is cut off is for v-sync. I just have that set to off in the driver.

9c14b9f561.png 767a3474df.png

Okay copied this had to change 1 or 2 things so I am curious. This was on Ultra with 4x TXAA?

Edit didn't work out for me. Just playing on normal now and waiting for a fix.

SLI 760's for the win! titan Performance for half the cost!

Yeah! I'm getting a second one soon' but the a single one is still great :P

SLI 760's for the win! titan Performance for half the cost!

Except when a game like Watch Dogs needs more than 2GB of video memory.. then you're screwed. Or if a game doesn't support SLI.. then you're really screwed. You get what you pay for. I'll be sticking with my two 780's.

Hey, what's up slunts?

I've put everything just like you said. and the gameplay has improved not by much but it did.

But... weird thing happened to me today, 
when i had my ram at 1333mhz 2T the game would be like 45-50 frames per second max.
I went in the bios and changed my ram to 1600mhz 1T. and the game came to life. going well over 120 frames per seconds at times.
texture on 2GB and everything set to ultra, motion blur and dof turned off also aa turned off, gpu max frame set to 1.

is that a hyper-threading symptom behavior or something, cause i thought that ram limitations do not affect intel cpu only amd.

also turning off shader cache has made the game much more playable and enjoyable. 

and a final question if I can... why enable fxaa if you're going to enable 32csaa + 8x supersample, isn't that like 2 sets of AA working together?

(TMI...? LOL)

|| CPU Intel i7 3770K || MOBO ASRock H77M || RAM 8GB 1600mhz || HDD 1TB 7200 Sata II || SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB || GPU EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW (boost core 1240mhz) || CPUCooler CM 212 EVO || PSU Seasonic M12II EVO 750W || CASE NZXT Phantom V2 (Pink-lol) || H-Phones Sennheiser HD600 || Gamepad XBox 360 Wireless Controller || Mouse Logitech G102 || K-Board CM Storm Trigger (MX Black) || Monitor Dell P2414H || AV Common Sense ||

and a final question if I can... why enable fxaa if you're going to enable 32csaa + 8x supersample, isn't that like 2 sets of AA working together?

(TMI...? LOL)

The performance hit is pretty much nothing and you can never have too much anti-aliasing. ;)

Hey, what's up slunts?

I have an update on when to expect a performance patch. We should see one in "early June". This is coming from Francis Boivin, Watch Dogs 3D Programming Team Lead. (Original Conversation)

dddfb82e54.png

Hey, what's up slunts?

It's something.

Except when a game like Watch Dogs needs more than 2GB of video memory.. then you're screwed. Or if a game doesn't support SLI.. then you're really screwed. You get what you pay for. I'll be sticking with my two 780's.

Well, not everyone has upwards of $800+ to spend on a GPU :(. The 760 is very capable, and the W_D VRAM vacuum is just a bug; the devs are working on a patch that would go so far as to them stating that it might actually lower the minimum specs!

Well, not everyone has upwards of $800+ to spend on a GPU :(. The 760 is very capable, and the W_D VRAM vacuum is just a bug; the devs are working on a patch that would go so far as to them stating that it might actually lower the minimum specs!

Not having the money for a 780 is fine, and pretty normal.

However, extra specs of the 780 over a 760 SLI set up, is what was being discussed. The 780 is a very capable solo card, and many games to indeed require more than 2gb of VRAM at high Resolutions.

At 1080p though, the 760 is a very appropriate card.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Not having the money for a 780 is fine, and pretty normal.

However, extra specs of the 780 over a 760 SLI set up, is what was being discussed. The 780 is a very capable solo card, and many games to indeed require more than 2gb of VRAM at high Resolutions.

At 1080p though, the 760 is a very appropriate card.

Yeah, but at the $259 price point, it's hard to beat. But obviously the 780 will stomp on it, as it's drastically more money. But for cheaper gaming, a 760 SLI is pretty much the way to go.

760 SLI is a bad idea for a lot of reasons. For one, when a game comes along that doesn't scale well or support SLI at all.. You are stuck there with a 760. If everything is working in a perfect world like we all wish, then you're grand. But, unfortunately, that is rarely the case.

Hey, what's up slunts?

• 3 weeks later...

dam i must have done something wrong well it kinda worked
i used your sli patch and made it far cry 3 sli profile and i lowed my settings to ony x2 AA not the 8xaa but everything is still ultra
im running duel 680's 4gb models and their both full waterblock cooled
yer still a max fps of 45but always a constant of 30 and min of like  20, interesting