All games are corrupt

Go to solution Solved by Matthiazz,

So I have my new ssd and it still did the same thing so what i thought i would do is buy new ram. But before i did that i pulled one of the ram sticks out and it fixed it so it was a faulty ram i think. Thanks to everyone for helping me on this problem. Have a nice day!

Hey

I have a selfbuild gaming pc (Ryzen 7 7700X, 2x 16 GB corsair vengence RGB 6000Mhz ram, a 2TB WD Black SN770, a RTX 4060 and a Corsair H100i in a Corsair 4000D Airflow) its like 7 months old and randomly my games began to crash and began to say verify game files, everytime i did this it needed to redownload a couple of files and then it would work again for like 30 mins and then it did it again. I tried completely resetting the pc (I thought maybe there were a couple of corrupt windows files) and it did it again all my games i just installed on steam and epicgames were broken.

2 minutes ago, Matthiazz said:

Hey

I have a selfbuild gaming pc (Ryzen 7 7700X, 2x 16 GB corsair vengence RGB 6000Mhz ram, a 2TB WD Black SN770, a RTX 4060 and a Corsair H100i in a Corsair 4000D Airflow) its like 7 months old and randomly my games began to crash and began to say verify game files, everytime i did this it needed to redownload a couple of files and then it would work again for like 30 mins and then it did it again. I tried completely resetting the pc (I thought maybe there were a couple of corrupt windows files) and it did it again all my games i just installed on steam and epicgames were broken.

bad drive I think

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, Matthiazz said:

even when its like 7 months old?

Check them (CrystalDiskInfo)

Also run Windows diagnostics and cmd "SFC /SCANNOW"

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

8 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Check them (CrystalDiskInfo)

Also run Windows diagnostics and cmd "SFC /SCANNOW"

CrystalDisk says 100% good and sfc scan says found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them. I also used DISM and that is also unable to fix it. But its like 6hrs ago that i completely reinstalled windows

4 minutes ago, Matthiazz said:

CrystalDisk says 100% good and sfc scan says found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them. I also used DISM and that is also unable to fix it. But its like 6hrs ago that i completely reinstalled windows

"100%" I believe refers to endurance only. "Good" just means it's within certain default parameters. What does the specific data show?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

"100%" I believe refers to endurance only. "Good" just means it's within certain default parameters. What does the specific data show?

These are all the values.

Screenshot.png

5 minutes ago, Matthiazz said:

These are all the values.

Try reinstalling a game(going through the whole process of file verification works too), and then go through it again to see if it happens right after.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Try reinstalling a game(going through the whole process of file verification works too), and then go through it again to see if it happens right after.

On epic games my games just keep downloading when i verify it. On steam iit just works and after a while the game becomes corrupt

1 minute ago, Matthiazz said:

On epic games my games just keep downloading when i verify it. On steam iit just works and after a while the game becomes corrupt

Do you have other drives to test at all?

Do you have other drives to test at all?

No i dont at the moment but i will order one but it will come on monday so i need to wait for a moment but i will respond to you whenever i have the new drive. Thanks for the help in advance

I'd run memtest to make sure your memory isn't faulty and silently corrupting.

It could also be worth updating your LAN/wireless drivers.

I assume your motherboard doesn't have any automatic overclocking enabled and there are no WHEA errors in the event viewer?

40 minutes ago, Tetras said:

I'd run memtest to make sure your memory isn't faulty and silently corrupting.

It could also be worth updating your LAN/wireless drivers.

I assume your motherboard doesn't have any automatic overclocking enabled and there are no WHEA errors in the event viewer?

I just did a memtest and it came up with no faults. My LAN/Wireless drivers are up to date and there's indeed no automatic overclocking enabled. As far as i can see no WHEA errors.

it's either your hard-drive or ram. happy parts swapping!  🙂

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

it's either your hard-drive or ram. happy parts swapping!  🙂

I ordered a new ssd to see if tgat fixes it otherwise i will order some ram

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

honestly i have a "Kingston ssd" where crystal disk says its "good" yet the speed is slower than a floppy disk most of the time - but it does work... so crystal disk isn't entirely lying i guess,  taught me to listen more to my gut feeling than such programs tho.

had a similar thing with memtest86 saying my ram is good... however only way to get rid of the whea errors completely was to actually shell out for b-dies.

basically i believe the ram wasn't faulty,  it just didn't work too well on my bios/cpu(s) ...

ps: in fact i sold the ram, never got any complaints.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 minutes ago, Matthiazz said:

I ordered a new ssd to see if tgat fixes it otherwise i will order some ram

yeah sometimes that's the only way to exclude or fix things for certain,  good luck! 🙂

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

honestly i have a "Kingston ssd" where crystal disk says its "good" yet the speed is slower than a floppy disk most of the time - but it does work... so crystal disk isn't entirely lying i guess,  taught me to listen more to my gut feeling than such programs tho.

had a similar thing with memtest86 saying my ram is good... however only way to get rid of the whea errors completely was to actually shell out for b-dies.

basically i believe the ram wasn't faulty,  it just didn't work too well on my bios/cpu(s) ...

ps: in fact i sold the ram, never got any complaints.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm curious about your specific configuration where that would happen. You don't have to tell me here - in the vain of not throwing the thread off topic - or tell me at all, but I am curious.

28 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I'm curious about your specific configuration where that would happen. You don't have to tell me here - in the vain of not throwing the thread off topic - or tell me at all, but I am curious.

i don't think its off topic at all since something similar may happened here possibly...

it was a very normal configuration, b350 board, 2200g, etc, ssd was the os drive... was going well for about 6 months, then everything became slow / laggy... took me a few weeks to figure out but it was the Kingston ssd - ironically userbenchmark showed it clearly,  then later confirmed with Crystal disk too...

basically the memory controllers of this specific model were low quality and it happened to many users...

i only "fixed" the drive by a lengthy "power cycle" procedure... "fixed" cause its now working again, albeit slow, about the speed of a floppy disk as mentioned lol.

tldr: that was the first and last Kingston product i bought  🙂

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

i don't think its off topic at all since something similar may happened here possibly...

it was a very normal configuration, b350 board, 2200g, etc, ssd was the os drive... was going well for about 6 months, then everything became slow / laggy... took me a few weeks to figure out but it was the Kingston ssd - ironically userbenchmark showed it clearly,  then later confirmed with Crystal disk too...

basically the memory controllers of this specific model were low quality and it happened to many users...

i only "fixed" the drive by a lengthy "power cycle" procedure... "fixed" cause its now working again, albeit slow, about the speed of a floppy disk as mentioned lol.

tldr: that was the first and last Kingston product i bought  🙂

What about the RAM though?

What about the RAM though?

corsair vengeance... not great but the issue mostly disappeared after i swapped the Kingston for a Samsung ssd. i still had occasional whea errors,  but i don't think that's related to faulty memory controller on the ssd, which was a big story back then (basically they changed out the controller without telling anyone after reviews were done)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

So I have my new ssd and it still did the same thing so what i thought i would do is buy new ram. But before i did that i pulled one of the ram sticks out and it fixed it so it was a faulty ram i think. Thanks to everyone for helping me on this problem. Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, Matthiazz said:

Did you have any other system weirdness in addition to "game file corruption"?

16 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Did you have any other system weirdness in addition to "game file corruption"?

In the end I had a bluescreen. But i couldnt read from what or what errorcode. And windows did flip sometime and everything kept refreshing on the homescreen.