MAX - 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision not supported on Android devices, Mac, and PC?

https://help.max.com/us-en/Answer/Detail/000002523

As you can see on the page linked above, 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision isn't available on Android devices, Mac, nor PC. Why is this?

Besides that it looks awful at 1080p, it's very difficult to watch dark scenes, like in house of the dragon, without the extra brightness you get from HDR or Dolby Vision, which ruins the experience for so many people.

And that's in a completely dark room, forget everything about watching this outside in bright daylight, with the sun directly hitting your screen.

But at least these features are supported on Iphone and Ipad, so I can enjoy the movies and shows fully on my M4 ipad pro, but sadly not on my Oneplus 8T Android phone and OLED PC monitor.

Well, the brightness is there in SDR on my OLED PC monitor, but without these features and 4K, it looks terrible.

2 hours ago, kasdashd said:

Android devices, Mac, nor PC. Why is this?

Piracy. Those devices can have software installed to copy the content being watched. Their solution is to punish everyone on those platforms for the few who Pirate. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, kasdashd said:

Besides that it looks awful at 1080p, it's very difficult to watch dark scenes, like in house of the dragon, without the extra brightness you get from HDR or Dolby Vision, which ruins the experience for so many people.

And that's in a completely dark room, forget everything about watching this outside in bright daylight, with the sun directly hitting your screen.

Looks like you're fundamentally misunderstanding what HDR does in the first place. House of the Dragon is known to have extremely dim scenes, like REALLY dim. In HDR it has some scenes that are under 1 nit peak brightness. HDR doesn't raise the average picture brightness. In most cases it's probably dimmer than your average brightness cranked SDR content. HDR just has more brightness headroom for highlights, like the sun, bright lights in general or reflections to make them really pop out of the rest of the scene.

It comes down to a stupid director decision when filming or mastering the series. They probably forgot that most people don't sit in a pitch black room and have a TV that is capable of studio-level perfect reconstruction of dark details, plus the natural loss of details in video streaming.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.