Emulation / LAN PC

Budget (including currency): around 500-600CHF

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: PS1-PS3 Games,WiiU Games, Gamecube and N64 Games, a bit of CS2 when used as a LAN PC

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I want to dual boot batocera.linux and Windows. I already have gtx 1080 lying around, so Im gonna use that. Im gonna hook this up to a TV ideally, so it should be able to run 1080p with around 60hz. The cpu is most definetly OP for what Im gonna do with it, but I just want to futureproof it. Maybe you guys have better ideas (I heard that the i5-10600k is plenty for emulation, dont know if thats true)?

PCPartsPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2pkYFs

Since I live in Switzerland the price of this rig is a bit more expensive than on PCPartpicker (709CHF to be exact)

that build should work. You should also throw in a coupel more case fans for that particular case so the temps would be better

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

The 7600 comes with a cooler in the box, so you don't actually need one (admittedly the peerless assassin is much better), which I'd use to get 32GB of memory or buy a nicer motherboard.

1 hour ago, SavageNeo said:

that build should work. You should also throw in a coupel more case fans for that particular case so the temps would be better

Thanks for your response! How many you'd reckon I'd get? Should I max out all fan slots?

58 minutes ago, Tetras said:

The 7600 comes with a cooler in the box, so you don't actually need one (admittedly the peerless assassin is much better), which I'd use to get 32GB of memory or buy a nicer motherboard.

Hi, thanks alot for you response! Do you think 32gb are needed for emulation / gaming or is it just something that would be nice to have? Im trying to cut down the cost a bit, do you think it'll be worth it?

4 minutes ago, C0RR1T_ said:

Hi, thanks alot for you response! Do you think 32gb are needed for emulation / gaming or is it just something that would be nice to have? Im trying to cut down the cost a bit, do you think it'll be worth it?

I don't know, I'd imagine it depends on the games you're playing, but I don't generally recommend 16GB for DDR5 and I can see you wanting to upgrade that very soon.

16 minutes ago, C0RR1T_ said:

Thanks for your response! How many you'd reckon I'd get? Should I max out all fan slots?

well yeah. On the frotn use it as intake, on the top and back to exhaust

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.