7850 vs 7870 vs 660ti?

hello

I am new to this forum, so please remove this post if on the wrong thread.

I have gotten a new pc recently(i5 3570k, 8 gb corsair vengeance, MSi z77 GD55, bitfenix outlaw), but I still have to purchase a GPU, currently i am using an OC MSi gt 630, but it is really lacking in performance  although i like how quiet it is, even at full fan speed I am barely able to hear it. Now, this is my question: what should I get for GPU? I have an 1680*1050 monitor, an want to get at least 2 gb of video RAM. What would be a good GPU for me to buy?

Thanks in advance

Coen

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

out of those 3 choices i would say 660ti 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

If you can afford the extra money, go for the GTX 650 Ti Boost in 2 way SLI. Make sure your motherboard is compatable with SLI though!

7850/70

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

If you can afford the extra money, go for the GTX 650 Ti Boost in 2 way SLI. Make sure your motherboard is compatable with SLI though

i got an MSi z77 GD55, it is SLI and Crossfire compatible, I think i can go up to 250 euro's tops. 650ti boost's are 300, do you recommend anything else?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Non of the above, get an HD 7870 Tahiti LE (Powercolor 7870 Myst or Sapphire 7870 XT)
Both are faster than the 660 Ti & can be overclocked to out-perform 670s.
SmallPerfIndex.png

Non of the above, get an HD 7870 Tahiti LE (Powercolor 7870 Myst or Sapphire 7870 XT)

Both are faster than the 660 Ti & can be overclocked to out-perform 670s.

SmallPerfIndex.png

I would love a quiet pc, are they quiet? thanks for the contribution

i got an MSi z77 GD55, it is SLI and Crossfire compatible, I think i can go up to 250 euro's tops. 650ti boost's are 300, do you recommend anything else?

This is a UK link but i think that they ship abroad. Top end of your budget though!

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx660tikeplerseries/02g-p4-3662-kr.html

This is a UK link but i think that they ship abroad. Top end of your budget though!

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx660tikeplerseries/02g-p4-3662-kr.html

i found it on this comparison site, but its dutch, its a bit over 250 euros. I've got to admit that i am a bit scared if it might be loud.

i found it on this comparison site, but its dutch, its a bit over 250 euros. I've got to admit that i am a bit scared if it might be loud.

You could consider looking at some Sound proofing kits, i think OverclockersUK do it but that won't be much help to you.

What case do you have? Sorry that i quoted this but i didn't know if you'd get the notification if i didn't

What case do you have? Sorry that i quoted this but i didn't know if you'd get the notification if i didn't

I've got an Bitfenix Outlaw, a cheap case, but does have all the case mount spots i could ever want, I think I should mention it is my first self-build PC ever.

I would love a quiet pc, are they quiet? thanks for the contribution

The card is as quiet as the 660 ti

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Club_3D/HD_7870_jokerCard_Tahiti_LE/27.html

This card is 10$ more expensive but it's quieter : http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11199-20-20G/dp/B00AWKYB1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368399483&sr=8-1&keywords=7870+xt

I've got an Bitfenix Outlaw, a cheap case, but does have all the case mount spots i could ever want, I think I should mention it is my first self-build PC ever.

The case isn't a big deal my friend, just make sure that it has all the right mounting points and it's big enough for your board, simple things that i'm sure you can figure out, if you just google 'Bitfenix Outlaw sound proofing' alot will come up (Phobya have alot of things like that), Thats if your bothered about a quiet build and for your GPU situation you could just go for a GTX 650 Ti Boost, they're not a bad card. My friend has one and he says it's brilliant, that will also save you abit of money to maybe treat yourself to a T-Balancer fan controller or something simular!

The case isn't a big deal my friend, just make sure that it has all the right mounting points and it's big enough for your board, simple things that i'm sure you can figure out, if you just google 'Bitfenix Outlaw sound proofing' alot will come up (Phobya have alot of things like that), Thats if your bothered about a quiet build and for your GPU situation you could just go for a GTX 650 Ti Boost, they're not a bad card. My friend has one and he says it's brilliant, that will also save you abit of money to maybe treat yourself to a T-Balancer fan controller or something simular!

I'm afraid that I would have to buy another card in a while, I just can't choose. i feel like my CPU is overkill for an 650 ti boost, and that i would waste money on it. anyways, thanks mate, and I'm sure I will ask you or anybody else something again. I love that somebody responded in under 10 minutes.

I'm afraid that I would have to buy another card in a while, I just can't choose. i feel like my CPU is overkill for an 650 ti boost, and that i would waste money on it. anyways, thanks mate, and I'm sure I will ask you or anybody else something again. I love that somebody responded in under 10 minutes.

If you can stretch to 300$ then I would highly recommend a 7950.

Yes i have found the same, this fourm is very helpful, nice community and quick replies. And also, i'm getting a i5 3470 (Maybe a 3570k) and i'm getting a 650 Ti Boost, Find the EVGA Superclocked model, have a look at that.

Yes i have found the same, this fourm is very helpful, nice community and quick replies. And also, i'm getting a i5 3470 (Maybe a 3570k) and i'm getting a 650 Ti Boost, Find the EVGA Superclocked model, have a look at that.

1072MHz Core, 1137MHz Boost, 768 CUDA Cores

1072MHz Core, 1137MHz Boost, 768 CUDA Cores

this might be helpfull. some people have created an "best buy guide" like the tek syndicate they create guides for several price points, i know the languance won't be readable, but the components might help

this might be helpfull. some people have created an "best buy guide" like the tek syndicate they create guides for several price points, i know the languance won't be readable, but the components might help

There might be a thread somewhere on here, just keep looking around! :D

There might be a thread somewhere on here, just keep looking around! :D

sorry man, forgot to paste the link:

http://tweakers.net/reviews/3031/4/desktop-best-buy-guide-mei-2013-basis-en-mainstreamgamesysteem.html

i think the parts are pretty straight-forward what they are, but if you want to ask something, im always happy to help others

sorry man, forgot to paste the link:

http://tweakers.net/reviews/3031/4/desktop-best-buy-guide-mei-2013-basis-en-mainstreamgamesysteem.html

i think the parts are pretty straight-forward what they are, but if you want to ask something, im always happy to help others

That looks like a pretty good build, only thing is i would maybe go with a 750w PSU, just so you have some room to expand, also maybe add a 128gb SSD for a boot drive, have your OS, Games and programs on the SSD and files on the HDD, purely for speed.

Tweakers.net by any chance?

EDIT: Apperently, yes. Hallo landgenoot  :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @4,4Ghz | GPU: Sapphire HD7850 @1050Mhz | MB: ASRock z77 Extreme4 | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo v2 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | HDD: Samsung 1TB | Case: Sharkoon T28 blue | PSU​: XFX pro 550w | Mouse: Logitech G500

I vote for 7870 tahiti LE.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.