How to keep a window updating even when minimized in OBS?

Go to solution Solved by igormp,

I don't think that's possible because minimized windows are not rendered at all by the OS, so OBS does have nothing to capture.

What you could do is just never actually minimize the window, but just leave it in the background, as in just opening another thing on top of it without actually minimizing it, that should work.

Hello -w-

I've recently started casually streaming. (Just studying/drawing/playing etc.)

My setup is a bit clunky in my opinion; I use vdo.ninja to film my desk using my phone and run audio through Steelseries Sonar.

Chrome is running YT Music playing chillhop to avoid copyright and is captured by obs to show what song is playing, or at least that's what I intended.

However, Because Chrome would often be minimized either because I'm using another browser to do something else or I'm playing a game and it just doesn't update.

Is there a method to record chrome in the background and still have it update when it switches songs?

I don't think that's possible because minimized windows are not rendered at all by the OS, so OBS does have nothing to capture.

What you could do is just never actually minimize the window, but just leave it in the background, as in just opening another thing on top of it without actually minimizing it, that should work.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga