Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion Vs Sound Blaster Zx

DurpGaming
Go to solution Solved by h264,

I have used this headset on my friends pc with a better sound car then i do and they sounded better

Is this card the one you mentioned in your opening post?

Many things can make things seem better to the listener, for instance:

-looking at the product that's very expensive or fancy looking can make you think something sounds better.  See posts in the member reviews of fancy tube amps.

-If the music is louder, it always sounds better.  The music industry has obligued by pushing music masters right up to -0db

-High output impedances can make some headphones sound better even if the damping factor is low, depending on how the driver is designed and the tastes of the listener.  The AKG K701/2 is an excellent example of a headphone that breaks the mold when driven on tube amps with a high output impedance.

However, if you like the "pairing" and don't ever intend to get a new headset, ever, you won't be dissapointed with a card you already know you like.

Hey A need to get a new sound card it its between the Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion and the Sound Blaster Zx.

Just wanted another opinion on them.

Any reason as to why you chose those sound cards? Have you looked into alternatives such as Asus Xonar STX or ST? They have better Signal to Noise ratio, better recording quality, ASIO and Dolby.

Any reason as to why you chose those sound cards? Have you looked into alternatives such as Asus Xonar STX or ST? They have better Signal to Noise ratio, better recording quality, ASIO and Dolby.

I Do Have a price budget of about $160

The Zx would be a fine choice, however what are you going to use them for?

Which headphones or headset are you going to use it with?

Which headphones or headset are you going to use it with?

I have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50 I love them but cant get full the full experience without a sound card 

For your price range, the Sound Blaster Zx would be better. You could even get away with the Z unless you need the external audio module that comes with the Zx.

You would get a much better experience getting a DAC/AMP or a sound card with a built in amp section. Just upgrading your sound card won't give you that much.

You would get a much better experience getting a DAC/AMP or a sound card with a built in amp section. Just upgrading your sound card won't give you that much.

What would you suggest? 

M50's don't really benefit from a powerful amp. I can't think of anything better than an Audioengine D1 for your use.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50 I love them but cant get full the full experience without a sound card 

How EXACTLY do you know your not getting the "full experience"?  Trust me, an empty wallet is not an "experience".

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

How EXACTLY do you know your not getting the "full experience"?  Trust me, an empty wallet is not an "experience".

I have used this headset on my friends pc with a better sound car then i do and they sounded better

Is this card the one you mentioned in your opening post?

Many things can make things seem better to the listener, for instance:

-looking at the product that's very expensive or fancy looking can make you think something sounds better.  See posts in the member reviews of fancy tube amps.

-If the music is louder, it always sounds better.  The music industry has obligued by pushing music masters right up to -0db

-High output impedances can make some headphones sound better even if the damping factor is low, depending on how the driver is designed and the tastes of the listener.  The AKG K701/2 is an excellent example of a headphone that breaks the mold when driven on tube amps with a high output impedance.

However, if you like the "pairing" and don't ever intend to get a new headset, ever, you won't be dissapointed with a card you already know you like.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."