Should i upgrade

ello im currently using a nivida rtx 3060 ti an while its served me well its starting to show artifacting in games it normally never does so i figure or at least am thinking about upgrading gpus  only question is idk where to go from where im at as im still new to desktop gaming pcs my specs are as follows Nivida Geforce RTX 3060 ti

intel i7 12700KF 

32gb ddr4 ram 3600mhz

750w gold thermaltake toughpower powersupply

do i need to upgrade ? my temps on my gpu are fine (pic so you can see what i see) an that was after all day an night gaming almost nonstop ,or can i just fix the artifacting issues? i know i dont have a driver update as i check that regularly now :edit: more info: this pc is slightly over a year old as i built it last year in march 😕 :edit #2: heres what i have tried that people suggested , changed the port the hdmi cables plugged in on the gpu , used ddu to reinstall graphics drivers ,what have both of those things done? well im no longer seeing artifiacting while browsing online anymore an it seems to only be in games maybe its just grapical glitches in those games? i get graphical glitches in those like tf2 ,escape from tarkov ,but stuff like minecraft ,greyzone warfare ,ark ascended and other games i get no graphical stuff at all no glitches  Edit # 3, it seems i cant reproduce the glitches /artifacts downlocking memory an core with msi like someone suggested changed nothing

gpu.PNG

Have you tried re,seating the gpu. I had an issue once b4 a long time ago with my 460, that needed to be re,seated. This can't hurt tho id try that out. Make sure it's connected in the slot correctly, & yes some of the seasoned vets on computing makes mistakes, i have as well. How ever if this persists if you have warranty do that, as it could be a soldering issue. Flow solder or so i think it's called, i had to as well with the 460 literally bake it in the oven to get it from this exact issue However Don't you do this at all. Let the Experts advise you & ask you things as well.

As they know best & better then me. Tho i simple re,seating can't hurt it, just make sure the system is powered down. Hope you get it working to it's former glory as i know my self it's a pain to think it dead when it may not be. So all the best on it. Also they will ask for pics / screen shots.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

2 hours ago, loony979 said:

Have you tried re,seating the gpu. I had an issue once b4 a long time ago with my 460, that needed to be re,seated. This can't hurt tho id try that out. Make sure it's connected in the slot correctly, & yes some of the seasoned vets on computing makes mistakes, i have as well. How ever if this persists if you have warranty do that, as it could be a soldering issue. Flow solder or so i think it's called, i had to as well with the 460 literally bake it in the oven to get it from this exact issue However Don't you do this at all. Let the Experts advise you & ask you things as well.

As they know best & better then me. Tho i simple re,seating can't hurt it, just make sure the system is powered down. Hope you get it working to it's former glory as i know my self it's a pain to think it dead when it may not be. So all the best on it. Also they will ask for pics / screen shots.

i reseated it back in February an i aint seen as much issues as now still think i need to reseat it ? if so ill do that when my new thermal paste for my cpu arrives on the 9th

Artifacting is a sign of instability. Set core and memory clock offset -100mhz and -1000mhz respectively. If artifacting goes away, remove one of the offset to identify which component was unstable. Let us know the outcome.

If you see artifacting when not playing any game, it is usually something else. First thing I would try is to change the ports you are using on both the graphics card and monitor.

2 hours ago, Salted Spinach said:

Artifacting is a sign of instability. Set core and memory clock offset -100mhz and -1000mhz respectively. If artifacting goes away, remove one of the offset to identify which component was unstable. Let us know the outcome.

If you see artifacting when not playing any game, it is usually something else. First thing I would try is to change the ports you are using on both the graphics card and monitor.

im seeing some (not often but some) both when im not on a game an when im just on my pc like on discord or sum also how would i do the offset

8 minutes ago, WolfOfValhalla said:

im seeing some (not often but some) both when im not on a game an when im just on my pc like on discord or sum...

Then try the second solution I mentioned

9 minutes ago, WolfOfValhalla said:

...also how would i do the offset

With a GPU tweaking software like MSI Afterburner. Opt for the stable release. Look up YouTube guides on how to alter the GPU and memory frequency

With a GPU tweaking software like MSI Afterburner. Opt for the stable release. Look up YouTube guides on how to alter the GPU and memory frequency

thank you

i do have one final question if its not my gpu what else could it be?

9 minutes ago, WolfOfValhalla said:

i do have one final question if its not my gpu what else could it be?

Since you mentioned there is artifacting even when not playing a game, the following are possible causes:

• Video cable connection at the graphics card or monitor end is loose
  • Bad video cable
  • The video output port you are using on the graphics card has deteriorated
  • The video input port you are using on the monitor has deteriorated
  • The circuitry inside the monitor has deteriorated

Just tell us what you have tried and if they have made any difference. Without your feedback I cannot eliminate the possible cause or determine the next best course of action

Since you mentioned there is artifacting even when not playing a game, the following are possible causes:

• Bad video cable

Just tell us what you have tried and if they have made any difference. Without your feedback I cannot eliminate the possible cause or determine the next best course of action

ighty working on what you said an currently gaming an so far as rn as im on escape from tarkov no artifcating rn

11 hours ago, Salted Spinach said:

so far what ive tried ,changing the port on the gpu an so far (keywords so far ) no artifcating ill continue to test this (edit: so far it hasnt happened again still

On 5/5/2024 at 9:09 AM, Salted Spinach said:

• Bad video cable

changed port that fixed it for a bit changing the frequency im still tryna figure out as the guides on yt are confusing me edit:it seems to be only in games now

4 hours ago, WolfOfValhalla said:

...changing the frequency im still tryna figure out as the guides on yt are confusing me...

Just open Afterburner and you will see a box under Core Clock and Memory Clock. Enter the value you want to test and hit Enter to set it. Input "-100" and "-1000" respectively. And then click the Apply button at the bottom and you are ready to play some games

4 hours ago, WolfOfValhalla said:

...it seems to be only in games now

This makes no sense. Artifacting due to poor cable connection is not an instability issue. And any attempt to fix this can only have two outcomes:

1. No change. Artifacting persists in and outside games
  2. No more artifacting no matter what you do on the PC

Just open Afterburner and you will see a box under Core Clock and Memory Clock. Enter the value you want to test and hit Enter to set it. Input "-100" and "-1000" respectively. And then click the Apply button at the bottom and you are ready to play some games

This makes no sense. Artifacting due to poor cable connection is not an instability issue. And any attempt to fix this can only have two outcomes:

1. No change. Artifacting persists in and outside games
  2. No more artifacting no matter what you do on the PC

i have browsed online for hours now tryna to see if i can get another artifact to pop up an no i havent as i have said its only in games now this happens could it just be the games themselves  having graphical glitches sure an im sorry if me posting alot bothers you its just i panic an my anxiety fires up an my first instinct now is to come here considering how nice the people have been with helping with cooling issues (which i am thankful for) but damn bro