What do you think of my first build? (Planned)

Heyy guys! I would just like to ak what you think on my first build? It isn't done yet, as you will see below. I live in England so the indiviudual prices are in Pounds but the totals have been converted. This build is for Gaming (WoW, CoD, BF3, Minecraft, TF2, Stuff like that!) Aswell as Video+Photo Editing. Any advice is good advise to me, i'm abit of a N00B!

Thanks Guys!

To Buy:

Intel® Core™ i5 3470 3.20GHz        - £154
ASRock Z77 Pro3                            - £81.98
EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti BOOST - £152.99
SanDisk SSD 128GB                        - £77.99
Corsair Vengance 8GB DDR3          - £51.66
Arctic Silver AS5                               - £6.98
                                                      _________
                                       Total:         £525.66            (807.10 US Dollars)

Already Bought:

Sharkoon T9 Value Case         - £49.99
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo   - £25.99
Corsair Modular CX750m         - £72.98

Laptron FC5 Fan Controller     - £38.98
                                               _________
                               Total:          £187.94                  (288.56 US Dollars)

Also i'm planning on getting a Razer DeathAdder 2013 mouse, i already have a Mechanical keyboard!

Get the 3570k. That is my advance. It is not much more expensive.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

Get the 3570k. That is my advance. It is not much more expensive.

Do you think it would make much of a differance?

Do you think it would make much of a differance?

Well for only around 20$ it doesn't really matter but yes, i think you will see some benefit out of it. :) maybe not very much but it is worth it.

vkadurin, on 12 May 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Well for only around 20$ it doesn't really matter but yes, i think you will see some benefit out of it. :) maybe not very much but it is worth it.

It seems like abit too much money for such little gain to be honest, as i am on a budget. But it will definitely be an option, the slightly higher clock speed might edge me abit more though! :D

It seems like abit too much money for such little gain to be honest, as i am on a budget. But it will definitely be an option, the slightly higher clock speed might edge me abit more though! :D

You also plan overclocking, is that right? If not, there is no point of getting "k" processor and you can save some money. Then the price of the 3570 and 3470 will be almost the same.

You also plan overclocking, is that right? If not, there is no point of getting "k" processor and you can save some money. Then the price of the 3570 and 3470 will be almost the same.

I don't really think that overclocking will be something i plan on doing in my first build. And is that what the 'K' means? Does it mean that it's unlocked?

I don't really think that overclocking will be something i plan on doing in my first build. And is that what the 'K' means? Does it mean that it's unlocked?

Pretty much yes. "k" means that the multiplier is unlocked which basically means you can overclock the hell out of it.

In that case get the 3570 over the 3470. I think the price difference is only 10$ if not less if you do some search.

Pretty much yes. "k" means that the multiplier is unlocked which basically means you can overclock the hell out of it.

In that case get the 3570 over the 3470. I think the price difference is only 10$ if not less if you do some search.

I didn't know that thanks! I will deffinatly look into the 3570! Thank you!

With Turbo boost enabled, the 3470 acts a lot like the 3570K.  I just built a system for a friend with that CPU and it works great for him.  One thing that you might consider is that if you get the 3570K, you can overclock it later on, potentially extending the life of your rig before you need to upgrade.  Just a thought though.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

If you are not going to overclock, you could get pretty much any IB i5 even an i5-330P, and you won't notice much difference.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

With Turbo boost enabled, the 3470 acts a lot like the 3570K.  I just built a system for a friend with that CPU and it works great for him.  One thing that you might consider is that if you get the 3570K, you can overclock it later on, potentially extending the life of your rig before you need to upgrade.  Just a thought though.

I don't really feel like i know enough about this to even consider overclocking. Might look into it abit more and then maybe change my mind on the CPU.

I vote for 3570k as once you build your first rig you will learn so much that you will want to try and OC. I just built my first rig two months ago and in doing so I learned so much that if I used a locked CPU I would have been mad at my self.

I don't really feel like i know enough about this to even consider overclocking. Might look into it abit more and then maybe change my mind on the CPU.

Honestly, thats a great attitude.  Overclocking is great but it's truly not for everyone.  And if you're not a huge poweruser, you might not see much of a difference.  Since this is your first build, oc'ing might not be the way to go for you.  I don't want to tell you not to overclock, but it's definitely more advanced.

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

tk421, on 12 May 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Honestly, thats a great attitude. Overclocking is great but it's truly not for everyone. And if you're not a huge poweruser, you might not see much of a difference. Since this is your first build, oc'ing might not be the way to go for you. I don't want to tell you not to overclock, but it's definitely more advanced.

OneGun, on 12 May 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

I vote for 3570k as once you build your first rig you will learn so much that you will want to try and OC. I just built my first rig two months ago and in doing so I learned so much that if I used a locked CPU I would have been mad at my self.

These are two different ways to look at OCing and what CPU to buy. But for £35 pound extra i don't know if i can justify it!

These are two different ways to look at OCing and what CPU to buy. But for £35 pound extra i don't know if i can justify it!

Lol welcome to PC building!  That's the dilemma all of us face at some point.  You'll just need to evaluate your own situation and see if it's worth the extra $. (sorry, i'm in the US and I have no idea how to type the British pound...)  One option is to wait unil Haswell is released and see if a 3570K goes on sale...

Lol welcome to PC building!  That's the dilemma all of us face at some point.  You'll just need to evaluate your own situation and see if it's worth the extra $. (sorry, i'm in the US and I have no idea how to type the British pound...)  One option is to wait unil Haswell is released and see if a 3570K goes on sale...

Thats what i was thinking, Leave my MoBo and CPU untill Haswell is here!

I had a little bit of extra time on my hands, so i dipped into PC Part Picker and made a build for you. Its about the same price and has everything you need to have for a first build. Everything already brought has being added to the list. Everyone is welcome to give me opinions on it. Hope this is helpful.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Danii/saved/1Ay4 

PC Specs
Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Processor (With stock heat sink  :mellow:) - MSI Z77A-G43 Motherboard - Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM - Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" HDD - Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GPU - Fractal Design Define R4 Case - Antec High Current Gamer 620W PSU - Sony DVD/CD Writer - Steelseries Siberia V2 - Logitech G110 - Razer Abyssus

I had a little bit of extra time on my hands, so i dipped into PC Part Picker and made a build for you. Its about the same price and has everything you need to have for a first build. Everything already brought has being added to the list. Everyone is welcome to give me opinions on it. Hope this is helpful.

Pretty much identical to my build slight change but the 660 is maybe a possitive change! Thanks!

Pretty much identical to my build slight change but the 660 is maybe a possitive change! Thanks!

No problem. Glad to help.

PC Specs
Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Processor (With stock heat sink  :mellow:) - MSI Z77A-G43 Motherboard - Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM - Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" HDD - Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GPU - Fractal Design Define R4 Case - Antec High Current Gamer 620W PSU - Sony DVD/CD Writer - Steelseries Siberia V2 - Logitech G110 - Razer Abyssus

Excellent idea.  And for gaming, the difference between the 660 and 650 Ti Boost should be much greater than the 3570K - 3470 gap.

Excellent idea.  And for gaming, the difference between the 660 and 650 Ti Boost should be much greater than the 3570K - 3470 gap.

So would you reccomend the 660? Just the EVGA 650 Ti Boost specs are.... 1072MHz Core, 1137MHz Boost, 768 CUDA Cores. Doesn't seem to bad for a £150 card :D

It's definitely a great card as long as it's a version with 2GB, but Linus and Slick often talk about how the ceiling performance of the 650 Ti Boost is comprable to the floor performance of the 660.  Anand has a great reviwe of the 650 Ti Boost on his site: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6838/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-boost-review-

If it's out of your price range, then by all means go with the 650 Ti Boost but it would probably make a fairly noticable difference in gaming to go with the 660.

It's definitely a great card as long as it's a version with 2GB, but Linus and Slick often talk about how the ceiling performance of the 650 Ti Boost is comprable to the floor performance of the 660.  Anand has a great reviwe of the 650 Ti Boost on his site: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6838/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-boost-review-

If it's out of your price range, then by all means go with the 650 Ti Boost but it would probably make a fairly noticable difference in gaming to go with the 660.

Yeah the EVGA model has 2gb GDDR5

Yeah the EVGA model has 2gb GDDR5

Then go with what you can afford.  660 over 650ti Boost but both are pretty good.