Convert a Local Document to a Samsung Notes Document

I've been doing quite a bit of research on this, and I've been interested in importing a lot of docs to this robust app. What irks me though is how you can export any Samsung Note to several popular formats, but you can only import Samsung Notes and PDFs.

After doing a bit of research, I discovered that the .sdocx file format Samsung Notes uses is a ZIP file, but upon opening it, I am met with a bunch of files that are not quite user-friendly.

Screenshot2024-05-04054447.png.c3775eb2b1808bba0ccc07222c5c8c82.png

The note.note has my actual text, but in a weird format.

Screenshot2024-05-04054735.thumb.png.1bebc1d2ea1bc3015e29fd690ca4f2a4.png

Is there a way to convert my document into SDOCX? I can convert the document into anything except that format easily; it started as an ODT. Exporting as a PDF and then importing to Notes makes all text act like an image, unfortunately.

The mind of a person with discernment gets knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15 CJB

The SDOCX shown was composed in Notes, the document I want to import was made in Collabra. For the example shown, I just typed whatever came into my head, which lacks much context.

The mind of a person with discernment gets knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15 CJB

In a desperate attempt to find a solution, I asked ChatGPT:

Me: How do I convert any document into a Samsung Notes (SDOCX) document?

ChatGPT: To convert any document into a Samsung Notes (SDOCX) document, you'll typically need to follow these steps:

1. Open the Document: Start by opening the document you want to convert. This could be a text document, PDF, image, or any other file format that you want to convert to Samsung Notes format.
  2. Copy the Content (if necessary): If the document is text-based (e.g., a Word document or PDF with selectable text), you can simply select the content you want to convert and copy it to your clipboard. If the document is an image or PDF without selectable text, you may need to use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to extract the text before copying it.
  3. Open Samsung Notes: Next, open the Samsung Notes app on your Samsung device. If you don't have the app installed, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
  4. Create a New Note: Create a new note in Samsung Notes by tapping the "+" icon or selecting "New Note" from the menu.
  5. Paste the Content: Once you've created a new note, paste the content you copied from the original document into the note. If you're using OCR software, paste the extracted text into the note.
  6. Save the Note: After pasting the content into the note, you can make any additional edits or formatting changes as needed. Once you're satisfied with the note, save it by tapping the "Save" or "Done" button.
  7. Export as SDOCX (Optional): Depending on your Samsung device and the version of Samsung Notes you're using, you may have the option to export the note as an SDOCX file directly from the app. Look for an "Export" or "Save As" option in the note settings or menu, and choose the SDOCX format.

If your device or version of Samsung Notes does not support direct export to SDOCX, you can still save the note within the Samsung Notes app, and it will be stored in the app's native format. You may then be able to share the note via email, cloud storage, or other methods, depending on your device's capabilities.

Please note that the specific steps and options may vary slightly depending on your Samsung device model, operating system version, and the version of the Samsung Notes app you're using.

Me: So, there is no direct conversion? You have to literally copy-and-paste text in order to save your document into the SDOCX format? If there's any kind of converter out there, I'd like to know about it.

ChatGPT: As of my last update in January 2022, there isn't a direct converter or tool specifically designed to convert documents into Samsung Notes (SDOCX) format. The SDOCX format used by Samsung Notes is proprietary to the Samsung Notes app and may not be compatible with other document formats or converters.

However, if you're looking to import text-based content into Samsung Notes, copying and pasting the text is currently the most straightforward method. This is because Samsung Notes primarily handles text-based content, and the app's features are optimized for creating and editing notes rather than importing documents.

That said, you may be able to find third-party apps or online tools that claim to convert documents into SDOCX format or provide alternative methods for importing content into Samsung Notes. I recommend searching app stores, online forums, or community websites for any tools or solutions that may meet your needs.

Keep in mind that using third-party tools or converters may have limitations or compatibility issues, so it's essential to research and verify their reliability before using them, especially when handling sensitive or important documents.

EDIT: So, I decided to do the copy-and-paste method, but it loses all my formatting. This is annoying. 😡