Upgrading from i7-700k (Plz Help, ty ty)

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
3 minutes ago, Yatoz said:

Budget (including currency): £400-$500-Ca $684

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: DBD Triple A

Other details 
Sup Team,
I made my pc almost 6-7years ago and my cpu is starting to struggle with the newer games and especially when i start cranking the setting.
I have a i7-700k ATM but looking for an upgrade while keeping the same mother board(Z170-deluxe).
Please can you guys help me pick the best cpu for my current motherboard.
The budget is my max spend im more than happy with a £200 or less as long as it is an sizeable improvement from my previous one.

Thanks you guys for the help.

The best CPU you can put in the Z170-deluxe is the i7-7700k.  If you want a faster CPU you need a new motherboard.

Other details 
Sup Team,
I made my pc almost 6-7years ago and my cpu is starting to struggle with the newer games and especially when i start cranking the setting.
I have a i7-700k ATM but looking for an upgrade while keeping the same mother board(Z170-deluxe).
The budget is my max spend im more than happy with a £200 or less as long as it is an sizeable improvement from my previous one.

3 minutes ago, Yatoz said:

Other details 
Sup Team,

The best CPU you can put in the Z170-deluxe is the i7-7700k.  If you want a faster CPU you need a new motherboard.

7 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

FK ok Ty brother

27 minutes ago, Yatoz said:

Other details 
Sup Team,

Can't really upgrade on that old board

A new 12600KF + a Riptide Z690 is $250, go for it

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

32 minutes ago, Yatoz said:

FK ok Ty brother

No problem. Sorry for the unfortunate news.

As mentioned above there are upgrades paths that gives quite a significant performance boost within your budget range.

Prices are quite good at the moment.

If you want some help finding something within your price range you can tag me here.  @PDifolco gave a very resonable option for quite a low price! 

You can reuse your DDR4 memory.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LXDcLs

new 12600kf combo

alternative board would be the b760m ds3h but that adds an extra 30£

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/XYWnBL

used 5600x combo

used 3600x ~50£ if you want it cheaper

used midranger b3/450 like the tomahawk/pro4 or equivalent for ~50£ or less alot better than new lowend boards

none of these will have any worthwhile upgrade path by the time youd wanna upgrade so price/performance is king and you dont wanna be overspending on boards

this also has numbers for the 12600k and 5600x

imo used am4 is much better value due to how much cheaper it is both cpu and board and you can actually get dirt cheap but actually good boards