Thermal pad's thickness of ASUS ROG STRIX RX580 O8G GAMING?

Hello everyone,

This is my first time seeking help here. I've been using my graphics card for over 5 years now, and it's been amazing. However, I've recently encountered a heating issue with the card. Even in idle conditions, the temperature stays between 50-56°C.

I'm considering replacing the thermal pads and applying new thermal paste. However, I'm unsure about the sizes of the thermal pads. Unfortunately, I can't open the card to measure the thickness myself. Thermal pads are quite rare and hard to come by in my area, so I'll need to source them from different places, which may take 1-2 weeks or even longer.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

28 minutes ago, bondhu said:

Hello everyone,

This is my first time seeking help here. I've been using my graphics card for over 5 years now, and it's been amazing. However, I've recently encountered a heating issue with the card. Even in idle conditions, the temperature stays between 50-56°C.

I'm considering replacing the thermal pads and applying new thermal paste. However, I'm unsure about the sizes of the thermal pads. Unfortunately, I can't open the card to measure the thickness myself. Thermal pads are quite rare and hard to come by in my area, so I'll need to source them from different places, which may take 1-2 weeks or even longer.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What is your card temp under load?

Also, aren't the pads for the VRMs? You can usually reuse those and just replace the thermal paste on the GPU die

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

Welcome to the forums!
TBH, if you're careful, you can just reuse the pads, and if pads are hard to come by, you might want to see if you can get your hands on some K5 Pro which is that thermal pad goop that Alex loves and Linus loathes

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup