Weird behavior

chrisjojo

Hey guys, 

since july ive First Build my Computer i got a weird lag going on that changes behavior when installing more fans.

btw sorry for the spelling, the autocorrectur on my phone is linked to german spelling.

So everytime i start the Computer it freezes 2 times. Each time for Like half a second. When installing more fans the lags occur faster.

but also when i got more Fans installed games start to lag After a Short period of time and become unplayable. 
when i got less installed they are stable until the cpu gets to hot.

What ive done so far: 

- every Hardware Part one by one and tested it.

-looked if hardware is  compatible.

-tested on windows 10 and 11

-disabled igpu 

-Tested expo and ram mhz fitted to cpu 

-checked if ram is false

- installed correct drivers

-suggested bios for CPU 

-changed powersettings

-lowered volt from gpu

-tested different mouse, Keyboard, headphones

-maybe even more 

my specs are: 

rtx 4070 super

amd ryzen 7 7800x3d

850w bequiet 

Samsung m2 980 Pro 1tb

asrock Phantom Gaming b650 Tag riptide 

32gb vengeance ram 6000mhz

Be quiet dark rock v4

bequiet fans 

I didnt found similiar Problems on the web, but maybe someone of you has a new perspective 

greetings 

chris 

16 minutes ago, chrisjojo said:

Hey guys, 

since july ive First Build my Computer i got a weird lag going on that changes behavior when installing more fans.

btw sorry for the spelling, the autocorrectur on my phone is linked to german spelling.

So everytime i start the Computer it freezes 2 times. Each time for Like half a second. When installing more fans the lags occur faster.

but also when i got more Fans installed games start to lag After a Short period of time and become unplayable. 
when i got less installed they are stable until the cpu gets to hot.

What ive done so far: 

- every Hardware Part one by one and tested it.

-looked if hardware is  compatible.

-tested on windows 10 and 11

-disabled igpu 

-Tested expo and ram mhz fitted to cpu 

-checked if ram is false

- installed correct drivers

-suggested bios for CPU 

-changed powersettings

-lowered volt from gpu

-tested different mouse, Keyboard, headphones

-maybe even more 

my specs are: 

rtx 4070 super

amd ryzen 7 7800x3d

850w bequiet 

Samsung m2 980 Pro 1tb

asrock Phantom Gaming b650 Tag riptide 

32gb vengeance ram 6000mhz

Be quiet dark rock v4

bequiet fans 

I didnt found similiar Problems on the web, but maybe someone of you has a new perspective 

greetings 

chris 

So if its the case, that you get more lag when installing more fans, then you need to check your cabling and or seating of the motherboard. Also test without any power adaptors and directly to different power outlets. If motherboard or any bare plugs is touching the case, you might have a grounding issue, affecting the PWM signal to the fans, causing lag to the whole system. After checking cabling, be sure that ram is installed in slot A2 B2 and expo is disabled. Any overclock/undervolt is disabled while testing. 

Also while you're at it, download HWinfo64 and check temperatures of CPU and GPU.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

27 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

So if its the case, that you get more lag when installing more fans, then you need to check your cabling and or seating of the motherboard. Also test without any power adaptors and directly to different power outlets. If motherboard or any bare plugs is touching the case, you might have a grounding issue, affecting the PWM signal to the fans, causing lag to the whole system. After checking cabling, be sure that ram is installed in slot A2 B2 and expo is disabled. Any overclock/undervolt is disabled while testing. 

Also while you're at it, download HWinfo64 and check temperatures of CPU and GPU.

Ok, ill check the cabling and give Feedback. The Rest is already tested 

56 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

So for testing i deinstalled the fans completly  but the lag at start still remains. 
i have the Computer directly plugged into the wall. Just not the Monitors since im Not able otherwise, but tested another Adapter. 
i dont think the mainboard is installed incorrectly since i rebuilded this thing many times and last time from a Professional