Apple Forcefully Sending Users to Software Update Page

48 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

image.png.0d89616b4713553a8b31b915efb1f29c.png

image.png.dbf2451ad305f51bdc9d99bc4536d98d.png

nu uh

That’s security updates. The iPhone 5s got security updates for 10 years.

52 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

Only reason s24 ultra performance even compares to apple performance is because of having double the ram. Cpu benchmarks don't show this off but every game comparison i've seen the s24 keeps up with the 15 pro max. Plus take into account the ram plus feature on samsung, not sure how much you can do on the s24 ultra.

Sure, in gaming performance, but the FPS caps on those games exist and can’t be removed so they aren’t even valid benchmarks anymore.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

On 4/25/2024 at 10:11 AM, Kilrah said:

You have disabled automatic installation but not automatic downloading - once downloaded it'll keep reminding you to install

As a confirmation to this...I use an iPhone XR that I have both automatic download and installation disabled, and I do not get forced to the Software Update section - it starts off at the main menu of the Settings app.

Apple is not 'forcing' anything, and in this case, it is due to user driven settings, and of course people jumped on hating Apple, when the root cause is the user.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

58 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

As a confirmation to this...I use an iPhone XR that I have both automatic download and installation disabled, and I do not get forced to the Software Update section - it starts off at the main menu of the Settings app.

Apple is not 'forcing' anything, and in this case, it is due to user driven settings, and of course people jumped on hating Apple, when the root cause is the user.

It only happens when the update is downloaded while it's not installed.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.