Your vote and opinion - Switching back to GTX 1660 Super and why?

Maki Zenko

Hello guys~!

I want to ask you whether it is feasible to revert back to GTX 1660 Super, or retain to AMD RX 6600 XT?

Reason: I don't usually game a lot of AAA games. Only Genshin Impact, some Sims 4 and OW2.

I need to know some of your opinion and comparison between these 2 GPUs.

Thank you so much~! 

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU - AMD RX 6600 XT (8GB)   Monitors: HKC M24A9X 24" 75HZ Monitor & XP-Pen Artist 12 Display Tablet 

Mobo - MSI B550M Bazooka         SSD - Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB)       PSU - Seasonic Core GC 650W 80+ Gold

RAM - DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 2400MHz       HDD - WD Blue 3.5in 1TB

main question would be why? there isn't a reason you can't go back to your old gpu.

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

main question would be why? there isn't a reason you can't go back to your old gpu.

Well. Another reason is for saving RX 6600 XT from extreme heat due to El Nino here in my country, peaking at 55C, and on AC from 1pm to 5pm. 

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU - AMD RX 6600 XT (8GB)   Monitors: HKC M24A9X 24" 75HZ Monitor & XP-Pen Artist 12 Display Tablet 

Mobo - MSI B550M Bazooka         SSD - Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB)       PSU - Seasonic Core GC 650W 80+ Gold

3 minutes ago, Maki Zenko said:

Well. Another reason is for saving RX 6600 XT from extreme heat due to El Nino here in my country, peaking at 55C, and on AC from 1pm to 5pm. 

Just run the 6600 XT with a power limit/under-clock, problem solved. The 6600 XT should be more power efficient, so at the same FPS it will draw less power than the 1660S anyway. 

Only reason I see to do this is if you're in desperate need of money and selling the 1660 Super wouldn't get you quite enough for what you need it for. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Just run the 6600 XT with a power limit/under-clock, problem solved. The 6600 XT should be more power efficient, so at the same FPS it will draw less power than the 1660S anyway. 

Only reason I see to do this is if you're in desperate need of money and selling the 1660 Super wouldn't get you quite enough for what you need it for. 

Good point. And it has AMD SmartAccess Memory compare to GTX 1660 Super (Correct me if there is Resizable Bar on GTX 1660 Super too, idk.) 

I will sell my GTX 1660 Super if some part of my PC fails or idk? I need more planning on selling it. 

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Also, will undervolting damages GPU?? 1st time to try it thou. 

8 minutes ago, Maki Zenko said:

Also, will undervolting damages GPU?? 1st time to try it thou. 

No. The worst thing that can happen when undervolting is a blue screen and/or degraded performance. Give it a shot, it's probably worth an attempt if you're worried about the temps. 

12 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

No. The worst thing that can happen when undervolting is a blue screen and/or degraded performance. Give it a shot, it's probably worth an attempt if you're worried about the temps. 

Speaking of undervolting, should I use MSI afterburner or the AMD Adrenaline software? 

2 minutes ago, Maki Zenko said:

Speaking of undervolting, should I use MSI afterburner or the AMD Adrenaline software? 

I'd recommend using Adrenaline if you're on an AMD card doing any sort of tuning. You get more tuning options and in my experience it just works better. If you do want to use something else, MoreClockTool is basically an alternate UI to Adrenaline with all the same tuning options.