Need some advice for a unstable Intel Arc A750 GPU.

For the last few months I have been having some stability problems with my Intel Arc A750 GPU. (Bottle necking mostly) Some games trigger it more than others but I get sudden drops of fps randomly during gaming sessions. (from 100+ down to 10-20) 

I have done everything I can think of to resolve this problem but nothing has worked. I usually play games in 1080p @ 120hz more or less at medium settings on all of my games. 

I have restarted my computer, Reinstalled GPU Drivers, Installed older versions of GPU drivers, reset settings in BIOS, checked cables and seatting for GPU, I've checked settings in Intel Arc Control software, I have even deleted Intel Arc Control because people are telling me that it could be the reason. I have even gone to my friends house and switched GPUs with him and it still did it on HIS computer as well. Could it be a issue with the GPU? PSU? or MB? Monitor? Diver issue? 

Any advice at this point would be great. 

My PC Specs: 

MSI Z690-A DDR4 

Intel i5 12400f

32gb DDR4 Ripjaws (4x 8gb) 

Intel ARC A750 

Crosair RM850x Gold PLUS

Spoiler
Spoiler

What Operating System are you using? It appears from your 'specifications list' you don't mention that.

My next recommendation would be to re-install the operating system, and also, I would recommend IMHO, Windows 11 for your setup to function correctly. If you are using Alder Lake, Raptor Lake, Raptor Lake Refresh, or Meteor Lake and are not using Windows 11; I sincerely expect there to be numerous issues in abundance, IME.

Another thing you might want to check, is if there are any BIOS/Firmware updates for various components in your system.

You seem to not mention what type of drive you are using. This also is important, especially if you are using an SSD of some sort (I would not recommend the Operating System being on an HDD or spinning disk drive; by the way). There are firmware updates available all the time that are constantly being issued by the OEM/ODM. This also includes BIOS or Firmware updates for your motherboard.  

Intel Arc is very temperamental, and these various recommendations could easily solve your issues automatically.

These are a few suggestions I can provide, before continuing on with troubleshooting the dGPU/Video Card itself.

I am using a gen 3 ssd with windows 11 which i completely forgot to mention. I did also reinstall my operating system. I will take a look at IHMO. 

i do have to double check my BIOS update but last time I checked it was up to date. 

Thank you verry much for your suggestions. 

Im using the crucial P3 1T ssd nvme. 

14 minutes ago, Farmerstan25 said:

I am using a gen 3 ssd with windows 11 which i completely forgot to mention. I did also reinstall my operating system. I will take a look at IHMO. 

i do have to double check my BIOS update but last time I checked it was up to date. 

Thank you verry much for your suggestions. 

That's good to know that you are using Windows 11, and that you reinstalled the operating system completely already. However, did you let all the updates complete? Sometimes there are Optional updates that need to be installed as well.

BIOS Update could be a crucial fix to your issues, especially when tackling memory stability. 

You're welcome, we're here to help at LTT forums!

14 minutes ago, Farmerstan25 said:

Im using the crucial P3 1T ssd nvme. 

Great choice on the SSD, I would see if there were any Firmware updates available for it. 

Please make sure you have all your data backed up before installing Firmware or BIOS updates.

Lastly, it's essential to make sure you don't lose power during these updates (Windows Updates included). 

To be very honest I never even thought of storage friware updates either. I will get to checking all my versios of stuff on my computer. Thank you again! 😁

15 minutes ago, Farmerstan25 said:

To be very honest I never even thought of storage friware updates either. I will get to checking all my versios of stuff on my computer. Thank you again! 😁

To be fair, there was an issue not too long ago with Samsung that was remedied with a Firmware update, thus, it's definitely something to keep your eye on. Alongside other persistent updates.

I hope you solve the issue in lieu of, and if you don't; we can see what else to troubleshoot to get you gaming again.

And no problem, we're here to assist when we can!