MSI - Repair center has 0 quality control

Name of Brand: MSI (Europe)
Mainbord MPG X670E CARBON WIFI

Description of your issue:

My mainboard has been RMA'd four times so far.
After the first return, it did not boot at all.
After the second return, it did boot but large parts of the board were still not working: All internal usb ports, m2_4, pci_e3, lan and wifi were all dead.
I created pics from the user manual and marked sections that worked in green and sections that had no function in red for customer support.
I also printed these pictures and included them with the third RMA.
The result was the repair center returned my mainboard unrepaired: "No problem found". All of the above problems were still present.
I called customer support and the person was very understanding and tried to fix the problem for good, but he is in Germany and the repair center is in Poland.
The fourth time they had replaced my mainboard with another one.
I just received this other mainboard, and when I took it out of the box, I noticed that some of the aluminum shields/heat sinks on the board had been removed and reinstalled improperly.
One of them was hanging loose over the surface of the board because the two mounting screws were missing, and it has scratched electrical traces on the board.
I'm not sure where to go from here as I don't feel comfortable connecting a power supply to this board without being able to properly secure this loose piece to the board.

So far I have sent numerous emails and pictures to support to describe and show the problems with this board.

I have spent a lof of time providing all the test results and pictures that the support requested to receivce an RMA number and I paid the postage for sending it in out of my own pocket.

Have you tried solving your issue through the brand's customer support channel? If so, what was the result?

I am still trying to resolve this with customer support, but while customer support is really trying to resolve this, the repair center does not care at all.
They have no quality control, so they keep sending stuff out that would fail even the simplest tests.

Two of the return shipments were first sent to Austria before they were returned as undeliverable to the MSI service center in Poland and then sent to Switzerland.

What would an ideal resolution of your issue look like?

Receive a NEW working board that has no issues, as they have clearly shown, they are not capable or willing to do proper, quality controled repairs.

My background:
4-year apprenticeship as an audio-video electronics technician
I prepared PC damage appraisals for insurance companies
I studied computer science
I currently develop, produce and maintain electronic products in a company in which I am a partner

20240424_111725.jpg

Mainboard.jpg

Back Pannel.jpg

Hey!

Thanks for bringing this up to us. I handle the MSI account so let me reach out to my contact and see what we can do for you 🙂

Cheers,

Here another picture:
The standoff that also secures ssd m2_3 is screwd to the heatshield, but not to the mainboard.
And yes, this is how MSI sent out the board to me!

20240424_113459.jpg