is the oculus quest 2 a good vr headset?

Mando772004

im looking to play vrgames on steam and whatnot and i saw the oculus quest 2 had a good price, is it good? also what is the difference between meta quest 2 and oculus quest 2?

You're going to have to define "good". Compared to something like a Vive Pro 2 or Index? No, not at all, but its considerably cheaper. I think I paid like $200for a refurbished model over two years ago and it feels about worth that. You're getting a $200 experience, not a $900 experience. Its an acceptable entry into VR but if you enjoy it, you'll want something better rather quickly.

I had a Quest 2 for a while before I gave it to my sister, and I really liked it. You can play some games directly on the headset from its onboard storage, or you can play games from a PC over wifi or a link cable. I was very impressed with it given the low price point, and my sister loves using it to this day. I'd say it's a good entry to VR if you don't want to put a big investment into it.

Also, there's no difference between the Meta and Oculus Quest 2 - Oculus is owned by Meta.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

No difference between Oculus Quest 2 and Meta Quest 2. It's just rebranding since Meta (Facebook) owns Oculus.

I've had the Quest 2 for a few years and I love it. Admittedly, I've only played Beat Saber, some other rhythm games, and Super Hot, so I'm not exactly expecting the headset to give me OMG AMAZING graphics. It's a convenient all-in-one package and it's a fantastic introduction to VR.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |