Triple Monitor Check up MSI G321CU

Bory Brason

Hi All,

I am considering upgrading my triple monitor setup to three of these: 3 x G321CU

Has anyone else put these together edge to edge? I have a few concerns before I shell out for all of these. I have seen references that because of them being next to eachother the chins are not able to be lined up either.

G321CU-Frameless.jpg

G321CU-Frameless_marked.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bory Brason said:

Hi All,

I am considering upgrading my triple monitor setup to three of these: 3 x G321CU

Has anyone else put these together edge to edge? I have a few concerns before I shell out for all of these. I have seen references that because of them being next to eachother the chins are not able to be lined up either.

G321CU-Frameless.jpg

G321CU-Frameless_marked.jpg

I dont see the chin thing in the real world. This render is bad. Also why should that be a thing. All monitors are the same and is the same height. I wouldn't personally go for VA in this type of setup, but with that said I don't want a 1500R monitor either. Already got a 27" samsung VA 144hz and it's not great.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Thanks for commenting. My worry is this... (Pictured)

It's all about no gap for me. My thought is as long as I follow the curve (1000R) lining up the monitors then everything will be fine.

However I do now need to try and figure out this measurement as well. Hoping I can find a formular to get an accurate measurement.

Basically the max width when all monitors are in place (dealing with an alcove)

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-13 at 07.27.19_9e25d54f.jpg

width.jpg

26 minutes ago, Bory Brason said:

Thanks for commenting. My worry is this... (Pictured)

It's all about no gap for me. My thought is as long as I follow the curve (1000R) lining up the monitors then everything will be fine.

However I do now need to try and figure out this measurement as well. Hoping I can find a formular to get an accurate measurement.

Oh I see. Don't think theres anything to do about that sadly

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 hours ago, Bory Brason said:

Honestly, that's a pretty small gap and looks exclusively plastic. I'd probably just sand it down. There is a tiny chance that there is some critical component there, if you're worried about that you could try pulling the facia piece and checking what's under it, but it's deeply unlikely. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Thanks for the feedback. I came to the same conclusion. My worry is now accurately measuring that width LOL