Dual-booting an Andriod

Is there any way to dual-boot an android? I want to know if there's a way to switch from Android A to Android B, or even other OS if that's possible. I'm not a big tech person when it comes down to software, but the furthest I got in my research is downloading TWRP, Parted, and some booting manager.

Just know that I probably won't actually partake in this. I'm aware that I have no idea what I'm saying and that this is wayyyy out of my league, and that doing this will void warranty in most scenarios, trip some google services, and brick phones. But I just wanna know out of curiosity because there's not much information out there based off my 10 min googling and something like this really piqued my interest. I think it's weird that dual-booting is so common and accessible on PC, but hardly even considered on phones. It's a little sad how restrictive phones are especially with Apple (but yay sideloading!).

https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-dual-boot-for-any-android-device.4524121/

My closest lead I got to dual booting (I'm not even sure if this was relevant to what I want).

Phones is arm processor.

Any armOS should theorically work.

Although there are no drivers for it.

About dual booting it's possible you can certainly try.

I would recommend old phones first to see how to install and not to brick it.

Look up pinephone 64 that phone I've done was fun to play around.

Was able to switch OS with SDcard.

Arch and andriod and nixos.

Maybe learn more about arm processors.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

4 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

Was able to switch OS with SDcard.

Similar experience, was able to use an SDcard to "put android" on an ancient WinCE device. Bending embedded stuff to your will is not for the faint of heart though.

5 minutes ago, Ralphred said:

Similar experience, was able to use an SDcard to "put android" on an ancient WinCE device. Bending embedded stuff to your will is not for the faint of heart though.

Truth

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

I mean you are just booting one flavor of android with another flavor of android. What's the point? All other os are not made to run on phones. Even if they are, firmware and drivers support for your device might not even exist 

Sudo make me a sandwich