Fastest APU right now

moneyshot

guys i want to build a new pc or get a mini pc but wanted to know what the fastest APU out there is as i don't game much so don't need a gpu

and the games i play don't need much gpu power and i am happy playing at 1080p low setting or even 1080p scaled to 720p using FSR

right now my system 2400g 2* 8gb 3200mhz ram and no gpu and this pc run everything i play fine  just want something better

13 minutes ago, moneyshot said:

guys i want to build a new pc or get a mini pc but wanted to know what the fastest APU out there is as i don't game much so don't need a gpu

and the games i play don't need much gpu power and i am happy playing at 1080p low setting or even 1080p scaled to 720p using FSR

right now my system 2400g 2* 8gb 3200mhz ram and no gpu and this pc run everything i play fine  just want something better

8700g is top right now.

https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/amd-ryzen-7-8700g-cpu-review/3

8700G, but the value is not there. You can probably buy a used ROG Ally with the Z1 Extreme for $100 more than 8700G MSRP.

You can also look into 7840H/HS/U or 8840H/HS/U, they're all based on similar silicon.

8700G is technically the fastest, though the 8600G is not much slower, and because it's a lot cheaper, tends to make a bit more sense price wise (though an R5 5600 and a used RX 580 is still usually a better value). Just make sure to get a decent kit of RAM with that chip, they are extremely memory sensitive.