Pixelmon Install Assistance, Tips, Etc.

Go to solution Solved by dcgreen2k,

I think the simplest way to install it is to use the CurseForge launcher - https://www.curseforge.com/download/app . It's a mod manager that supports many different games, including Minecraft. It's been a long while since I set it up for the first time, but I think it should automatically detect Minecraft if it's already installed.

After you've set that up, select Minecraft from the home menu and enter "pixelmon" in the search bar that appears at the top of the window. The result you want to install is titled "The Pixelmon Modpack". After that, it will appear in the "My Modpacks" tab and can be launched from there.

Hope this helps!

I need some assistance and am once again calling on the LTT forums to come to my aid.

I just completed a new PC build - a 7800x3d + 4080 Super. So of course my kids want to do some serious gaming....by wanting to play the Pixelmon mod for Minecraft.

I know very little about doing this kind of thing. I am very hesitant to do it because it seems like a lot of downloading of various third-party bits and bobs and I can't say I trust the process in any meaningful way.

However, I want to make sure that it isn't just me being hesitant because I'm not willing to learn how to do something.

So, if there is any assistance, pointers, or advice that the hivemind could provide me to try and be the Bandit Healer of my own home and earn some "cool dad" points, that would be great. Same for any cautionary tales if this is actually a terrible idea, as I have never heard of anyone playing this out in the wild but only somewhat obnoxious, faceless YouTubers.

Thank you in advance!

I think the simplest way to install it is to use the CurseForge launcher - https://www.curseforge.com/download/app . It's a mod manager that supports many different games, including Minecraft. It's been a long while since I set it up for the first time, but I think it should automatically detect Minecraft if it's already installed.

After you've set that up, select Minecraft from the home menu and enter "pixelmon" in the search bar that appears at the top of the window. The result you want to install is titled "The Pixelmon Modpack". After that, it will appear in the "My Modpacks" tab and can be launched from there.

Hope this helps!

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

10 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

Hope this helps!

Thank you. You made me a hero before I had to then send them away to school!