I want an OS that will work for a TV an arcade machine and as a server

I have an arcade machine in my living room with a laptop in it and I want to use that laptop as an arcade machine and as a pc for the TV And I also want to use it as a server for Jellyfin and stuff like that
(I use coinops for my arcade machine)
And I was wondering which OS would work for that (Preferably something that is easy to use and that doesn't look like it's from 2003. I also don't really want to use kodi)

You can just use Windows if you like!

Other than that, if starting out with Linux, I strongly recommend using Ubuntu, as most online guides support it.

Nixos for single file configuration.

batoceraOS for all retro Games.

Bazzite for gaming also included container distrobox

Both would work really well.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

So the great thing about linux is that it is infinitely cutomizable. If someone hasn't made what you want, you can make it yourself.

I've got an htpc project I'm working on. I've found that Steam deck ui+emudeck is great for native steam games and emulation, while kodi media player is great for local movies and music. Both of these are obviously available regardless of what distro you decide to use.

If you have any major multiplayer games you plan to play, your probably better using Windows. Many AAA developers are either too lazy to implement linux support, or actively choose to prevent functionality on linux. Aside from that, I'd suggest using a linux distro that uses KDE if you're familiar with windows. KDE Plasma looks and functions a lot like Windows, without having the bloat or restrictions that Windows has. Either Kubuntu or GloriousEggroll's Nobara OS.

https://kubuntu.org/

https://nobaraproject.org/