Mobo choice

Without taking the +-20 euro difference into consideration: Which one is better to get?

- Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX

- Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX v2

17 minutes ago, Ozzieh_man said:

Without taking the +-20 euro difference into consideration: Which one is better to get?

- Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX

- Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX v2

The V2 all the way

I use the V1.0, it's a great board, but the major flaw is the Wi-Fi module "AMD RZ-616"
It sometimes not detected while after use for a few days, and require power flush to fix it

The V2 however, using Intel module, so it shouldn't have the same problem as the V1.0

P.S.

I couldn't find manual or guide to replace the Wi-Fi module since the Wi-Fi module is placed under the VRM heatsink, and the heatsink seems unremovable. 

So, I'm kinda stuck for the bad Wi-Fi module on the mobo, the only alternatives is either USB Wi-Fi or PCI-e Wi-Fi module

Edited by ImWilly
Additional info P.S.

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

Thank you, I think im going with the V2 then, sucks that the wifi module on your mobo does that...

7 minutes ago, Ozzieh_man said:

Thank you, I think im going with the V2 then, sucks that the wifi module on your mobo does that...

Well, at least now there's less people use bad unremoveable Wi-Fi module

Enjoy your build

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

32 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

The V2 all the way

I use the V1.0, it's a great board, but the major flaw is the Wi-Fi module "AMD RZ-616"
It sometimes not detected while after use for a few days, and require power flush to fix it

The V2 however, using Intel module, so it shouldn't have the same problem as the V1.0

P.S.

I couldn't find manual or guide to replace the Wi-Fi module since the Wi-Fi module is placed under the VRM heatsink, and the heatsink seems unremovable. 

So, I'm kinda stuck for the bad Wi-Fi module on the mobo, the only alternatives is either USB Wi-Fi or PCI-e Wi-Fi module

Well , if reddit user is indeed v1 and true, then it seems it is removable

https://old.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/162nr31/info_on_replacing_wifi_module_b650_aorus_elite_ax/

Edited by Poinkachu

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Thanks, it seems it's removeable by unscrew the rear side of the motherboard

I will look onto it, and (cross finger) could remove the VRM heatsink without really tear apart my whole rig

Phone:

9 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

Thanks, it seems it's removeable by unscrew the rear side of the motherboard

I will look onto it, and (cross finger) could remove the VRM heatsink without really tear apart my whole rig

I just realized the non reddit link is for b650m, sorry.

Although looking at the back side of a B650 Elite Ax (if the pic I found on google is indeed v1), seems there's screw hidden behind, and what seems to be plastic push latch or something.

Or it could be just surface tension / stickyness of thermal pad holding it in place

But yea, be careful.

https://siliconalleyelectronics.com/product/gigabyte-b650-aorus-elite-ax-amd-am5-atx-ddr5-motherboard/

image.png.f54845975afe53c865b82a461a02d562.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Although looking at the back side of a B650 Elite Ax (if the pic I found on google is indeed v1), seems there's screw hidden behind, and what seems to be plastic push latch or something.

Or it could be just surface tension / stickyness of thermal pad holding it in place

But yea, be careful.

Quick update, I just checked the rear side of my rig, and it seems there's a cover from my case that block access to the screw for heatsink VRM

And the labour effort for dismantling my entire rig just seems not worth it, but I will keep that in mind for my future upgrade (or making a new rig)

Thanks for sharing the reddit link and tip, it gives me hope that there is a way to fix my bad Wi-Fi module

WhatsAppImage2024-04-21at23_23.19_3469767c.thumb.jpg.ede76781b67eb2d970e23c1ecd154b05.jpg

Phone: