Graphics card may have died

Martin.23

Last night when I turned off my PC using alt+f4 on the desktop, I heard a pop from my PC, I didn't think much of it and went to sleep. Today I wanted to play some nfs and when I opened the game it crashed, I tried again and again but to no avail. I checked the task manager to see if something was eating up ram or smthn and my graphics card wasn't showing up. I checked on it in the PC and I saw the fans rotating. Then I opened the graphics settings and everything was set to integrated graphics so I tried switching it to the amd rx-6600 but it just wasn't showing up. 

Any advice on what I should do? I can always have it fixed but if it's not broken why would I? 

IMG20240420121547.jpg

IMG20240420121512.jpg

17136049575108296674957744360609.jpg

Sounds like it popped a chip. GPU is dead. If your HDMI/DP is still connected to your GPU, and you're getting your display, then it's not dead dead. Could maybe try to DDU your amd drivers in safe mode then reinstall them and restart. There's also a chance something PCIe related died on the Mobo. Doesn't look like it but do you have another PCIe slot you could try or even another computer by chance. It's just weird that you're still getting display out without the GPU registering. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

10 minutes ago, MrSimplicity said:

Sounds like it popped a chip. GPU is dead. If your HDMI/DP is still connected to your GPU, and you're getting your display, then it's not dead dead. Could maybe try to DDU your amd drivers in safe mode then reinstall them and restart. There's also a chance something PCIe related died on the Mobo. Doesn't look like it but do you have another PCIe slot you could try or even another computer by chance. It's just weird that you're still getting display out without the GPU registering. 

I'll try to do that and I hope it works.

Thank you!