Im going to be upgrading my pc ( dell vostro 3268) having a i5 7400 with 12 gb ram . I will upgrade it to 16gb ram but the problem is i dont know if i ahould buy the 1660super or the rtx 3050 6gb, the motherboard supports pcie 3.0 and since these 2 gpus are almost at the same price range im both confused and worried about bottleneck

Bottlenecks are not something to be too concerned about, realistic utilization varies between use cases. Sometimes the cpu will be a major limiting factor, sometimes it won’t.

I would not buy any 1660/1650 at this point. Their product tier has been replaced with the 6gb 3060, RX 6500 and arc a380. 

The 6gb 3060 in general isn’t great but it’ll do fine. It’s what I would recommend in that tier.

If used is an option for you, get a used GTX 1080 on eBay. It’ll perform better for less money than a 6gb 3050.

Make sure your psu has the required pcie power connectors for the card you choose.

And pcie is backwards and forwards compatible, a pcie 1.1 card works on a 5.0 slot and a 5.0 card works on a 1.1 slot, etc.

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

Bottlenecks are not something to be too concerned about, realistic utilization varies between use cases. Sometimes the cpu will be a major limiting factor, sometimes it won’t.

I would not buy any 1660/1650 at this point. Their product tier has been replaced with the 6gb 3060, RX 6500 and arc a380. 

The 6gb 3060 in general isn’t great but it’ll do fine. It’s what I would recommend in that tier.

If used is an option for you, get a used GTX 1080 on eBay. It’ll perform better for less money than a 6gb 3050.

Make sure your psu has the required pcie power connectors for the card you choose.

And pcie is backwards and forwards compatible, a pcie 1.1 card works on a 5.0 slot and a 5.0 card works on a 1.1 slot, etc.

Thanks for the advice man here in India a used 1080 gpu is very hard to find and is almost double the price of the rtx 3050 6gb. Would rtx 3050 6gb be my bet?