Motherboard issues

zoneeye

I need help please read all of this. I have a problem with 2 out of the 4 RAM slots on my motherboard. I have a Gigabyte B550 UD AC motherboard. I'm also using OLOy DDR4 RAM 32GB 2x16GB Blade Aura Sync RGB 3600MHz CL18. If I put 1 stick in A1 and the other in B1 then turn the PC on it will stay on for a few seconds. Then turn off then turn itself back on. But it won't post. Also the same thing happens when I put a stick in A2 and the other in B2. I've also let it set there for over 20 minutes just in case it was doing memory learning or whatever. But it never did anything. Something else none of my other RGB in the case will turn on when all this is going on. Except for the RAMs RGB. Now if I put both sticks of RAM in slot A1 and A2 then turn it on all my RGB turns on it doesn't turn itself off and back on it just starts up and posts with no issue. I know the RAM is getting power because the RGB on the RAM will light up just the PC will not post unless both sticks are in A1 and A2. Someone please tell me anything?

I wanted to say bent cpu pins maybe, but you havent got any to bend.

So maybe reseat your cpu ?

Is your Bios up to date ?

Did you check your Ram with a Memtest86 ?

Are you running at stock settings ? if not, try.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

I have ran the RAM with XMP on and off no difference. Also I'm only one BIOS behind. But thank you I will try reseating the CPU. Oh and updating the BIOS.

12 minutes ago, zoneeye said:

I have ran the RAM with XMP on and off no difference. Also I'm only one BIOS behind. But thank you I will try reseating the CPU. Oh and updating the BIOS.

What if you move your DIMMs to slots B1 and B2? How does the system react? I doubt a BIOS update would fix anything since this is standard, especially if the update doesn't even address your issues. My thought at the moment is the slot is bad.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well I figured a BISO update wouldn't fix it. I have tried both DIMMs in B1 and B2 it didn't work. I was already leaning towards that the slots are bad. I was just hoping someone on here might know something I didn't. A little wishful thinking on my part. But thanks anyway.

10 minutes ago, zoneeye said:

Well I figured a BISO update wouldn't fix it. I have tried both DIMMs in B1 and B2 it didn't work. I was already leaning towards that the slots are bad. I was just hoping someone on here might know something I didn't. A little wishful thinking on my part. But thanks anyway.

Did you try running a single module at a time in all slots?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah I did try a single stick in each slot. Again no difference. Only A1 and A2 works. Sadly I think I'm out of luck. I have two defective slots.