So USB/DVD live boot doesn't boot into Desktop?

So I had Manjaro Mate (sounds like a Linux issue, but it isn't) anyway I decided to try KDE Plasma. So first I installed it so I could boot to that or Mate. Manjaoes site says issues could happen, but I was going to get KDE how I wanted, then ininstaall Mate, but it ended up wjere I would boot to it, to a frozen DE. So went to USB that fifn't even get into KDE, started loading it up, but just a blank green/blue screen  (a bit color blind, not sure). Same with DVD, they both worked fine on anther older sys in the house. I figured take the drive out, install KDE on the other sys, it worked, not on this sys. So I thought to try the aomi (sp) backup rescue vootup USB. I think it is Windows PE for restoring windows backups no go. I thhink if this MB was on a sys with no OSes installed, it would be useless, you couldn't install any OS to it. Plus Windows 11 has not kept the time correct for a while, so it is the MB.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

Are you connected to your integrated GPU? What is this platform you are on, that may help too. Does it just completely lock up?

22 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

Plus Windows 11 has not kept the time correct for a while, so it is the MB.

Nope mobo is fine. If you are dual booting windows with linux, you may find time runs out of sync,. This is because windows and linux differs in they way keep track of time. You need to  either configure windows to use utc or configure linux to use rtc

https://www.howtogeek.com/323390/how-to-fix-windows-and-linux-showing-different-times-when-dual-booting/

When the desktp freeze try pressing Ctrl + Alt + F2 (or any function key to F12). This should quit the gui and enter the tty (terminal command only interface).  Type your username/password. Then run this command

journalctl -b -p 0..3

This will filter the boot log, and print out any errors. Should help guide where the desktop environment is having issues.

7 hours ago, AAVVIronAlex said:

Are you connected to your integrated GPU? What is this platform you are on, that may help too. Does it just completely lock up?

Nope, it is my GPU in sig. My CPU has no int. GPU. I even booted up the rescue boot disk Aomue (SP) did, It is Windows PE I think. That didn't even boot. My sys has the hardware KDE needs, nothing is wrong with the USB, DVD or install on the SSD, all boot fine on another sys. A guy who worked for Cornelll as a IT guy even said over the phone, sound like the MB. Just my luck, got into a alpha for a game today. 😞 My sig has my board, oddly Windows is still working, but only because it is on, I don't think I could install anything on this, well OS wise in the OS I can. The windows drive works on both SATA cables, but no on the linux drive. If I try to boot it, it just boots the windows drive. What is a good util to diagnose the MB?

When the desktp freeze try pressing Ctrl + Alt + F2 (or any function key to F12). This should quit the gui and enter the tty (terminal command only interface).  Type your username/password. Then run this command

That drice doesn't even boot up now in this sys. If I take it out it will boot fine on the other in the house. So the install is fine, it is hardware it seems, my gpu is fine if I play a game, so that is fine.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR