Computer keeps crashing on Windows boot.

Hey I'm at my wits end trying to fix my computer. I built it about 2 years ago and recently after trying to install a windows update and new drivers the whole system crashed and now whenever I try to start up the computer it freezes and crashes on the windows boot. I've hard reset it multiple times and occasionally it does boot into windows and i can login but 30s-1min later it crashes again and I have to hard reset. I've tried everything I can think of I think it might be a hardware problem but I can't deduce the exact component, anyone have any ideas?

Here are my computer specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard: Asus Creator ProArt B550
GPU: Zotac 3080ti
RAM: 64gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (16gb x4)
PSU: Corsair RM750x
SSD: Samsung 860 evo
No Overclocking

Here is a list of the things I've tried so far:

• I'm able to boot into the bios no problem and I tried changing different settings. I then tried updating the bios and finally replacing the cmos battery on the motherboard all to no avail.

• I took the the ssd and plugged it into a old desktop PC I still have and was able to boot into windows from the drive with no issue. I then proceeded to roll back the drivers and updates that I installed, I ran a system,drive check, and drive repair. But when moving it back over to my PC the boot crash issue persisted.

• Next I tried diagnosing the components starting with the ram, I ran MemTest 86 all the ram Passes. I tried removing all the ram and booting with only one stick (did that with each stick of ram)

• I tried removing the GPU and booting without it. I even tried plugging in my old evga 970 GPU with no luck.

I think I've narrowed it down to one of the following components but I'm not sure.

• The lights on the GPU flash on startup and when the computer crashes the fans stop spinning so it could be the GPU but I think that just happens because it's no long running any process.

• The PSU fan spins on start up and I've tried moving the gpu power cable to a different 6pin port, but maybe there is a weird power draw somewhere causing the system to crash

• The CPU I read on a forum somewhere that boot loops and crashing on boot could be the sign of a dying CPU. But it's only a couple years old and shouldn't be dying already.

I'm at a loss and need some expert advice. Someone please help.

What kind of cooling do you use? I don't see any kind of cooling listed. If you CPU is generating too much heat, then the computer will shut off too keep the CPU from melting itself.

5 hours ago, BigChungus1009 said:

What kind of cooling do you use? I don't see any kind of cooling listed. If you CPU is generating too much heat, then the computer will shut off too keep the CPU from melting itself.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a be quiet air cooler, don't remember the exact one off the top of my head. But I don't think it would be a heat issue because the computer freezes on the windows boot up screen. (Ie. When windows is loading) Also I can boot into the bios and the CPU temp hold pretty steady at an idal temp.

If it was overheating the motherboard would automatically just shut the computer off as you mentioned, but it stays on, just frozen.

I have a few questions to answer before trying to draw a conclusion.

• Did the freezing happen after you tried to install an update?
  • How old is your hardware?
  • What software did you install before it started crashing?

If you comfortable enough

You can try Linux usb live boot to see if it actually boot at all if not then we can assume its definitely hardware issue.

For example kubuntu I'd use for temporary to see if hardware is ok.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

9 hours ago, BigChungus1009 said:

I have a few questions to answer before trying to draw a conclusion.

• Did the freezing happen after you tried to install an update?
  • How old is your hardware?
  • What software did you install before it started crashing?
  • Ya the freezing happened when I installed a Windows update and updated some drivers. But I was able to take the drive out of my PC and put it in an older desktop I had and boot from it with no issues. I then from there proceeded to roll back the updates and drivers I had installed.
  • Hardware is only 2-3 years old(specs in my original post)
  • Nothing recently, about a month or so ago I installed firestorm for GPU monitoring but it's been running fine with it.

Just now, Dylan Staples said:
  • Ya the freezing happened when I installed a Windows update and updated some drivers. But I was able to take the drive out of my PC and put it in an older desktop I had and boot from it with no issues. I then from there proceeded to roll back the updates and drivers I had installed.
  • Hardware is only 2-3 years old(specs in my original post)
  • Nothing recently, about a month or so ago I installed firestorm for GPU monitoring but it's been running fine with it.

I suspect the issue might be with the Asus aura I got a warning on the event viewer about it when I was able to long on one time. 

I'm going to try booting from a different SSD that is running windows 10 and then I'll try reinstalling windows 11 as a last resort and see if that solves things, cause I feel the issue is software related.

UPDATE
Sill no fix even when trying to reinstall windows onto a different SSD. I was able to boot into safemode once check devices updated the graphic driver then restarted but still no luck and I can't boot into safe mode again.

Maybe its an issue with the bios after updating it to the latest version but the crashes were happening before that as well. Maybe I could try flashing the bios back to a super old version.

All the individual hardware components seem to be working from my testing, hardware wise the only think it could be is the motherboard or cpu and to test the CPU I would need to buy a new motherboard, which I really don't want to do just to test my PC. 

Anyone have any ideas?