Any M27Q users here?

BaidDSB

I have 2 questions:

1) Can you please measure the height when the monitor is at its lowest point in the sliding stand? The height from base of the table to the top of the monitor when its at its lowest [i have limited desk height space].

2) Can you describe how to setup the KVM? I want to connect my desktop and the second one will be my laptop.

1. The height is just over 17" or just under 44cm.

2. You need to connect one computer via the USB-B port (it includes a cable for this) and the other computer with a USB-C cable. You can connect it to any type of port on the other end, so a Type-C to Type-A cable is fine.

Then, connect your peripherals to the USB Type-A ports on the monitor. If you have more than 2, I would recommend getting a USB hub - that's what I do so that I can have my mouse, keyboard, a mic, and webcam all connected to the KVM.

Then, you need to go into the menu and decide which USB is assigned to which display input. For example, my USB-B cable hooks to my main desktop, which is attached via the DisplayPort. Then, my laptop uses an HDMI and connects with the USB-C. If you have a USB-C cable that supports DisplayPort (and a laptop or GPU that does) then you can even use the USB-C for both display and data for the peripherals.

After that is configured, simply press the KVM button to switch between the devices, and it will automatically transfer the USB data over the appropriate connection.

12 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

1. The height is just over 17" or just under 44cm.

Would it be too much to ask for a photo of this from the side profile? so i can see just how low it goes? My clearance is 18.5 inches so its very tight

If you have a USB-C cable that supports DisplayPort (and a laptop or GPU that does) then you can even use the USB-C for both display and data for the peripherals.

My laptop does support DP over USB C. Should i just plug the USB C monitor to the USB C laptop then?

9 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

Would it be too much to ask for a photo of this from the side profile? so i can see just how low it goes? My clearance is 18.5 inches so its very tight

I was able to press it lower this time, so it's actually just under 17"

IMG_20240415_141746315_HDR.thumb.jpg.aa8064e388c78ef250a350e7d2fb0a6f.jpg

IMG_20240415_141928688_HDR.thumb.jpg.a0b7950b9b33aadef91aedc0c0db0f26.jpg

9 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

My laptop does support DP over USB C. Should i just plug the USB C monitor to the USB C laptop then?

If you have a cable that supports it, sure. It would let you keep two other ports free and be easier to cable manage.

38 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

I was able to press it lower this time, so it's actually just under 17"

IMG_20240415_141746315_HDR.thumb.jpg.aa8064e388c78ef250a350e7d2fb0a6f.jpg

IMG_20240415_141928688_HDR.thumb.jpg.a0b7950b9b33aadef91aedc0c0db0f26.jpg

If you have a cable that supports it, sure. It would let you keep two other ports free and be easier to cable manage.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Now a final few things,

1) How has been your experience? It will be my first 1440p monitor.

2) Thoughts on DCI P3? Im a semi pro 3D artist adn i thought this would help me in color accuracy.

3) How fast is the KVM switching?

29 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Now a final few things,

1) How has been your experience? It will be my first 1440p monitor.

2) Thoughts on DCI P3? Im a semi pro 3D artist adn i thought this would help me in color accuracy.

3) How fast is the KVM switching?

1. I've really enjoyed it. It is both my first 1440p monitor and my first high refresh rate monitor. The improved clarity in both aspects makes it much better than a 1080p60 display. The pixel density is good - even leaning forward and looking, I struggle to make out individual pixels on the desktop.

2. I don't do professional color work, so I don't know how relevant my impressions are. To me, it's good, especially for the price. Colors look vibrant and accurate to my untrained eye. However, if you really need color accuracy, then they do make monitors now with a wider gamut you can consider.

3. It's pretty fast. The screen cuts over in a second or two. The peripherals take a few seconds after that. Not instant, but not annoying. I think part of the peripheral time is actually on the computer side, because it takes longer to cut over to my laptop than to my desktop.

10 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

2. I don't do professional color work, so I don't know how relevant my impressions are. To me, it's good, especially for the price. Colors look vibrant and accurate to my untrained eye. However, if you really need color accuracy, then they do make monitors now with a wider gamut you can consider.

is it always dci p3? do you cna switch between srgb and dci p3 from the osd ?

also.. in india USB C to USB C Displayport cables arent available. how should i proceed? also how do you power it? does the Monitor C power the laptop C? My laptop supports usb PD.

38 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

is it always dci p3? do you cna switch between srgb and dci p3 from the osd ?

also.. in india USB C to USB C Displayport cables arent available. how should i proceed? also how do you power it? does the Monitor C power the laptop C? My laptop supports usb PD.

There is an sRGB gamut mode. I don't know how accurate it is. You can also calibrate the display, just like most modern displays.

I don't know for sure if the USB C port supports higher wattage charging or not. My laptop doesn't have USB-PD, so I've had no occasion to test it.

You can just get a regular USB C cable and then plug your laptop into one of the HDMI ports, or the Displayport if your desktop isn't using it. You can configure the KVM to use any HDMI or DP port with either of the USB outputs. My laptop is just connected with a basic USB-A to C cable and then hooked up to HDMI.

42 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

There is an sRGB gamut mode. I don't know how accurate it is. You can also calibrate the display, just like most modern displays.

I don't know for sure if the USB C port supports higher wattage charging or not. My laptop doesn't have USB-PD, so I've had no occasion to test it.

You can just get a regular USB C cable and then plug your laptop into one of the HDMI ports, or the Displayport if your desktop isn't using it. You can configure the KVM to use any HDMI or DP port with either of the USB outputs. My laptop is just connected with a basic USB-A to C cable and then hooked up to HDMI.

one last thing for now.

i found this cable on amazon india : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07Y7GVGBF/?coliid=I1P31MTBPUJ8J8&colid=KKUIACF565PR&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and this is my laptop: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/in/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/gaming-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15arh7/82sb/82sb00v2in/mp2k2854

do you think this cable will work with the DP type c on my laptop?

also, when i get my monitor, can i DM you when i try to setup my KVM, you explained it well but something still might go wrong?

2 hours ago, BaidDSB said:

one last thing for now.

i found this cable on amazon india : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07Y7GVGBF/?coliid=I1P31MTBPUJ8J8&colid=KKUIACF565PR&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and this is my laptop: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/in/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/gaming-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15arh7/82sb/82sb00v2in/mp2k2854

do you think this cable will work with the DP type c on my laptop?

also, when i get my monitor, can i DM you when i try to setup my KVM, you explained it well but something still might go wrong?

The cable should work - I don't see anything that would imply it wouldn't.

And sure, if you have any issues with setting up the KVM, feel free to DM me. It's a pretty straightforward process in the OSD, so I don't think you'll need help, but I can walk you through it if you have trouble.