Every color of BSOD

MadPanger

Hey, i have troubles with my pc.聽
Im getting one bluescreen after another, every 2 minutes. The weird solution i found is that if i have Forza Horizon 5 open my pc only crashes rarely, like once a day.

I downloaded OCCT and did some stress test.
Everything went fine, except Power and CPU Tests.

It straight up crashed on Power with the BSOD "Page fault in non paged area"
And crashed on one of the CPU Tests with "System thread exception not handled"
The first CPU tests gave this as info:
00:00:00 - Info - Test schedule started at 2024-04-14 00:51:42
00:00:00 - Info - CPU - Started (Duration : 01:00:00)
00:00:03 - Error - CPU - 7 error(s) found on physical core #2 - logical core #4
00:00:03 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #2 - logical core #5
00:00:04 - Error - CPU - 13 error(s) found on physical core #2 - logical core #4
00:00:04 - Error - CPU - 14 error(s) found on physical core #2 - logical core #5
00:00:07 - Error - CPU - Test crashed

These are the most common BSOD's i get:

irql not less or equal
system service exception
kernel security check failure
attempted write on readonly memory
kernel thread priority floor violation

What i did:
Reinstall windows.
Reinstall windows installation on USB Stick.
Update drivers.
Update bios.

Bought these parts new:
Power Supply
Mainboard
RAM
SSD

Also i want to say, when i freshly install windows it already crashes in the installation which makes me believe its hardware related.
No crashes when i start it via the USB Stick, but as soon as i want to install Windows once it boots on the SSD it crashes after a few minutes which makes it tedious to install it.
Last time it took me 12 hours to get through the whole process without it crashing.

Please help, im no expert and lost 馃槥

52 minutes ago, MadPanger said:

Update drivers.
Update bios.

So only these for hardware change? Alright so if you havent already, make sure that XMP (or DOCP on AMD) and CSM is off. The latter is generally really troublesome for Windows 11 and later version of Windows 10, and turning off XMP/DOCP is pretty much just a guarantee that higher than the standard specification RAM speed is not the reason why you kept crashing. Also, if you could tell us what SSD this is that would be appreciated. If it is a SATA SSD, try switching to IDE mode on the specific SATA drive. That worked out for me.

Press quote聽to get a response聽from someone! | Check people's edited posts!聽|聽Be specific!聽| Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Its a Fanxiang S101 SSD 1TB, ill try the other steps and keep you up to date.

I also checked, XMP as well as CSM is off. I turn it on occasionally for a Switch Emulator, but the problem persists either way.
Just checked my Sata settings in bios, its on AHCI and i can only change it to RAID which resulted in not being able to boot at all, so i changed it back.

Which CPU?

If you have had other BSODs:聽Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

Minidump.zipThere u go

Just gonna write all my specs in case someone needs them:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti - GPU
Ryzen 5 3600x 6 Core - CPU
1TB Fanxiang S101 - SSD
B550 Gaming X V2 - Mainboard
850W bequiet - Power Supply
16GB RAM

31 minutes ago, MadPanger said:

Minidump.zipThere u go

Just gonna write all my specs in case someone needs them:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti - GPU
Ryzen 5 3600x 6 Core - CPU
1TB Fanxiang S101 - SSD
B550 Gaming X V2 - Mainboard
850W bequiet - Power Supply
16GB RAM

If you don't tag the person by either @username or replying using the Reply button, we don't get a notification.聽

The dump files look like memory. You can try testing one RAM stick at a time, but Zen 2 CPUs (3000, 4000 and a few 5000 series CPUs) has a quirk where a faulty CPU almost always looks like memory. So because of the OCCT test showing CPU errors, I lean towards the CPU. Just run OCCT with one stick at a time, if it crashes/shows errors with either stick, it's the CPU.聽

If you have done any overclocking/undervolting, remove it.聽

You can also try updating the BIOS. There is only one newer version, but it's worth a shot. When finding your board, it's either the 1.3 or 1.4 revision. I don't think it matters which one because both of these revisions have the same checksum hash value for their BIOSes which means that they should be identical, but the revision should be printed somewhere on the board if you want to make certain.

You change revision on the site by clicking the numbers:聽image.png.36588ef4dd8834064658194a34688766.png

18 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

The dump files look like memory. You can try testing one RAM stick at a time, but Zen 2 CPUs (3000, 4000 and a few 5000 series CPUs) has a quirk where a faulty CPU almost always looks like memory. So because of the OCCT test showing CPU errors, I lean towards the CPU. Just run OCCT with one stick at a time, if it crashes/shows errors with either stick, it's the CPU.聽

Yeah seems like the CPU is at fault, ill switch it out when i have the money and let you know. Thanks :)

7 hours ago, MadPanger said:

Yeah seems like the CPU is at fault, ill switch it out when i have the money and let you know. Thanks 馃檪

I should probably have said that it's most likely the CPU. I don't like being matter of fact about this stuff because a wonky PSU or an issue with the motherboard could also cause certain components to trip up. And we just see the component that trips up.聽