MEG Ai1300P reaches 67 Degree Celsius during gaming

RJ56Hours

I changed my PSU a week ago to MEG Ai1300P and it has a built-in monitoring feature.

One of the feature is zero-rpm fan until 70 Degree Celsius. Thus my PSU was reaching about 67 Degree Celsius in game and still no fan.

I then manually turned on the fan and it started blowing out, what I would call "electric smell".

Should I worry that something is burnt? Or are new PSU like this and it can reach 100 Degrees and still be fine?

7 minutes ago, RJ56Hours said:

I changed my PSU a week ago to MEG Ai1300P and it has a built-in monitoring feature.

One of the feature is zero-rpm fan until 70 Degree Celsius. Thus my PSU was reaching about 67 Degree Celsius in game and still no fan.

I then manually turned on the fan and it started blowing out, what I would call "electric smell".

Should I worry that something is burnt? Or are new PSU like this and it can reach 100 Degrees and still be fine?

If it has a feature that the fan doesn't turn on before 70c, why are you worried that the fan didn't start spinning at 67c?

There will be an 'electrical smell' since its a brand new component and that smell was never blow out by any fan until you manually turned it on.  Electrical smell is very common on new components, especially PSU's.

It won't reach 100c because the fan kicks in at 70, you already know this.

I wouldn't worry the slightest, you are good to go 🙂

You're just smelling flux burning away. It's normal, and should eventually go away. 

The temperature reading is meaningless without knowing exactly where in the PSU it's measuring, so I wouldn't worry about it either. 

:)