Budget Pc Build, Idk what I'm doing pls help

Budget (including currency): $600-700 CA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Maybe some other games (Fortnite. COD 3, ETC).

Other details Don't need any peripherals, a bigger monitor be nice but I'm fine with what I got. Want 32GB ram, 1TB storage, Not to loud of fans, Hopefully some RGB, And I want it to be black not white. Current setup image.png.0ded3acb96744c092ee92a7aaa661b29.png.

Well in the case of a pre build office box i'd just throw in a cheap pci e powered gpu and some more ram until you get a better budget.

Or are you CPU limited?

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

27 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

Well in the case of a pre build office box I'd just throw in a cheap pci e powered gpu and some more ram until you get a better budget.

Or are you CPU limited?

My CPU runs at 15%-30% idle 30%-70% when I'm watching YouTube and 70%-100% playing games

1 hour ago, accornnn said:

My CPU runs at 15%-30% idle 30%-70% when I'm watching YouTube and 70%-100% playing games

Hm, do you wanna invest into a new Motherboard or trynna make the best out of yours?

If you'll going with a new mobo, do you wanna go amd with the cheaper am4 coming with the compromise of it being a dead socket or have abillity to make future upgrades and go for the more expensive am5 or just straight intel?

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

18 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

Hm, do you wanna invest into a new Motherboard or trynna make the best out of yours?

If you'll going with a new mobo, do you wanna go amd with the cheaper am4 coming with the compromise of it being a dead socket or have abillity to make future upgrades and go for the more expensive am5 or just straight intel?

I don't know I'm new to this I wanna keep it cheep if I'm just upgrading this one

1 minute ago, accornnn said:

I don't know I'm new to this I wanna keep it cheep if I'm just upgrading this one

Then i guess go with an i7 6900 and 32GB of 3200mhz ram

5 hours ago, Sanedish said:

that sits on a completely different socket, LGA 2011v3. OPs best CPU is an i7 6700, and that on ebay is still way too high at around 100-125 USD (120-175 CAD according to current exchange). If you can somehow find it at sub 100$, then you can slap that, but this thing is kinda dead in the water in terms of any upgradability, the best thing OP could do is either a 75W GPU that doesnt need an external power connector like a low profile GTX 1650 or RTX 3050 (id go used on both, they cant be found at MSRP on brand new market which pretty much murders and chances that this is going to be a more feasible way to game), or play surgeon on a daily by chopping the side panel and the narrow slot, and try to stick in a higher end GPU that would make sense in this build like an RTX 3060 12GB. But at 700CAD, i would rather gut that Optiplex and make a brand new build out of it. Can you tell me the rest of what that Optiplex have onboard?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 hours ago, SorryBella said:

that sits on a completely different socket, LGA 2011v3

Yeah i have not considured the socket change, that's my bad...

20 hours ago, SorryBella said:

that sits on a completely different socket, LGA 2011v3. OPs best CPU is an i7 6700, and that on ebay is still way too high at around 100-125 USD (120-175 CAD according to current exchange). If you can somehow find it at sub 100$, then you can slap that, but this thing is kinda dead in the water in terms of any upgradability, the best thing OP could do is either a 75W GPU that doesnt need an external power connector like a low profile GTX 1650 or RTX 3050 (id go used on both, they cant be found at MSRP on brand new market which pretty much murders and chances that this is going to be a more feasible way to game), or play surgeon on a daily by chopping the side panel and the narrow slot, and try to stick in a higher end GPU that would make sense in this build like an RTX 3060 12GB. But at 700CAD, i would rather gut that Optiplex and make a brand new build out of it. Can you tell me the rest of what that Optiplex have onboard?

I found a GTX 1650 super for CA$100, would that be good if I add 32GBs of ram and a new CPU?

Here's my full PC specs 

image_2024-04-14_170144349.png.7ef10db08ab1225ed99a06bc53cb91e1.pngimage_2024-04-14_170045723.png.9cee1bf72f8c08982d6b5c7052b281d0.png

image.png.46d6347c092437ed61d2fbb3559f74e9.pngimage.png.dd23c982ad39c1ca67dd8909b6eab8e9.png

image_2024-04-14_165959589.png.d626324fabbd15e6a5f74e89226e5fcf.png