Remote Desktop Equivalent

So I want a way for my friend to connect to my windows VM while I'm not around, I don't really want to port forward remote desktop is there a good alike for free? I have used team viewer but even the server/unattended is awful and if a window is in front of the app it wont let him connect. dose parsec have an unattended version / server? 

Forwarding your RDP/SMB ports to internet is asking for people to have fun. 

I solely use RDP for windows and VNC for everything else. I run these behind a VPN though. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

19 minutes ago, Levent said:

Forwarding your RDP/SMB ports to internet is asking for people to have fun. 

I solely use RDP for windows and VNC for everything else. I run these behind a VPN though. 

How would that work? any guide or anything?

I'm using Parsec to remotely connect to an unattended machine at home. It's relatively easy to set up and doesn't nag you like current versions of TeamViewer.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

I'm using Parsec to remotely connect to an unattended machine at home. It's relatively easy to set up and doesn't nag you like current versions of TeamViewer.

Ill do that then, thanks

4 hours ago, Mr.Swiss0364 said:

Ill do that then, thanks

Just as an fyi, for parsec to work well, you will need to pass through a GPU to your vm.

Other than that I haven't found anything better that provides low latency connection to remote machines. 

I personally use Parsec for the Windows VM I run on one of my servers, it's an unattended system and there's no issues. I would second either making sure you pass in either an iGPU or a dedicated GPU to the VM for the hardware transcoding of the Parsec stream.

I just found MeshCentral - a Remote Admin and Remote Access system

Requires you setting up a server and then installing agents on target computers.

Not sure how it would work on VMs. 

My use case is supporting family remotely.