Should I wait for Zen 5 and RTX 5000 series?

Go to solution Solved by kitnoman,
8 minutes ago, Alex E said:

My budget is ~AUD$5500. 

I really want my pc to last for a long time, would it be ideal to just sell my 4090 down the line as the 5090 or 5080 price starts dropping?

What's your current system? If you are still using something right now, then yeah that's probably the best option. Also why a ryzen 9, are you doing any productivity  task? If not, then just stick with the highest x3d ryzen 7 CPU. In my opinion, it's actually better, price-wise to buy parts at quarter 4  of the year every time and not in the middle. As these are the times when rams, storages or even PSU drops in price. So the more you save on these parts, the more budget you can get on the more important once.

I'm planning on buying a RTX 4090 with a Ryzen 9 7950x in July, and I have just heard some of the leaks surrounding Zen 5 and RTX 5000.

Should I wait until ~December when RTX 5000 comes out, or should I just buy the system now?

What's your budget and what's your patience?

New parts will be mega expensive and really hard to find when they first come out, but we don't know if it is worth it until we see confirmed specs. I just recently bought a 4070 Super and have no regrets.

My budget is ~AUD$5500. 

I really want my pc to last for a long time, would it be ideal to just sell my 4090 down the line as the 5090 or 5080 price starts dropping?

10 minutes ago, Alex E said:

My budget is ~AUD$5500. 

For an upgrade or a whole new system?

The later you sell a part, the less it will be worth as they are outperformed by newer parts. (With exceptions)

Budget is for a whole new system, but selling the part is for an upgrade. How much could I make back from a used gpu?

1 minute ago, Blasty Blosty said:

For an upgrade or a whole new system?

The later you sell a part, the less it will be worth as they are outperformed by newer parts. (With exceptions)

11 minutes ago, Alex E said:

My budget is ~AUD$5500. 

If you already have a decent rig, then I would wait, at least for Zen5 release that may occur soon

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

8 minutes ago, Alex E said:

My budget is ~AUD$5500. 

What's your current system? If you are still using something right now, then yeah that's probably the best option. Also why a ryzen 9, are you doing any productivity  task? If not, then just stick with the highest x3d ryzen 7 CPU. In my opinion, it's actually better, price-wise to buy parts at quarter 4  of the year every time and not in the middle. As these are the times when rams, storages or even PSU drops in price. So the more you save on these parts, the more budget you can get on the more important once.

1 minute ago, Alex E said:

Budget is for a whole new system, but selling the part is for an upgrade. How much could I make back from a used gpu?

Expect about 80-90% of the value if its still new