Is it okay that the fan of my CPU heatsink is behind the heatsink?

Sometime ago I upgraded my PC replacing everything except the case and GPU. Unfortunately I had a clearance issue using the Hyper 212 Air Cooler by Cooler master because I used 4 sticks of 8GB of RAM. So I had to put the fan behind the heatsink. Airflow direction is towards the front of the case and so the fan is blowing directly into the heatsink. Is that okay?

I saw a youtube video where someone did that test and the CPU temperatures were fine.

I also have been gaming on it recently, and it seemed okay. Though in a recent video by LTT where they guess the actual price of overpriced computers on sale in Craigslist, Linus seemed to have criticized one of the builds for having the fan behind the heatsink. So I wanted to ask here to see what everyone thinks if there's some issue that I'm not seeing.

Also I have no intention to do any overclocking.

53 minutes ago, BrokenCrowbar said:

Sometime ago I upgraded my PC replacing everything except the case and GPU. Unfortunately I had a clearance issue using the Hyper 212 Air Cooler by Cooler master because I used 4 sticks of 8GB of RAM. So I had to put the fan behind the heatsink. Airflow direction is towards the front of the case and so the fan is blowing directly into the heatsink. Is that okay?

I saw a youtube video where someone did that test and the CPU temperatures were fine.

I also have been gaming on it recently, and it seemed okay. Though in a recent video by LTT where they guess the actual price of overpriced computers on sale in Craigslist, Linus seemed to have criticized one of the builds for having the fan behind the heatsink. So I wanted to ask here to see what everyone thinks if there's some issue that I'm not seeing.

Also I have no intention to do any overclocking.

If temperatures are good then you have nothing to worry about.

The only thing is that its blowing air to the front of the case where you have front fans blowing air back at it right? This is not ideal of course.

But again, if temperatures are good then it doesn't really matter 🙂

8 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

If temperatures are good then you have nothing to worry about.

The only thing is that its blowing air to the front of the case where you have front fans blowing air back at it right? This is not ideal of course.

But again, if temperatures are good then it doesn't really matter 🙂

Oh no, the front fans aren't fighting with the back fans. I meant the airflow direction for the back and front of the fans are to the front of the case.

8 minutes ago, BrokenCrowbar said:

Oh no, the front fans aren't fighting with the back fans. I meant the airflow direction for the back and front of the fans are to the front of the case.

Aha! 
Should be good then 🙂  It all comes down to temperatures.

If temperatures are good then nothing bad is going on and you can run it like that 24/7 🙂

1 hour ago, BrokenCrowbar said:

Airflow direction is towards the front of the case

Why reverse the normal airflow direction? 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

9 minutes ago, brob said:

Why reverse the normal airflow direction? 

No real reason. My first time actually building a PC and I didn't know that was the normal airflow direction lol