First Build (Input on parts would be great!)

Go to solution Solved by brob,
1 hour ago, Dripzy said:

I’m confused by what you mean. I will include the URL, however your reasoning doesn’t make sense as I am using a Phone to post this and can expand the photo just fine.

Thanks. I'm using a tablet and having to enlarge and shrink stuff is a pain. Plus the link allows one to drill down into part details and play around with options.

Consider a better CPU cooler. Modern CPU tend to improve performance as much as the cooling allows.

You can save a few $ on the memory kit. The one in my list includes both EXPO and XMP profiles.

I suggest a PSU that is ATX 3.0 compliant and supports the 12VHPWR connector used by the GPU.

If you have a bit more to spend, consider a case with front panel USB-C.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($206.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($33.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: Zotac Twin Edge GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card  ($589.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool CH370 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($87.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1266.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-10 19:53 EDT-0400

Budget (including currency): 1,200 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games and various titles. Will be mostly high graphic games and esports titles 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Fresh new build, will be first personal build but I’m not new to building one. I will be going Ryzen 7000 series and Nvidia Graphics cards. I have a list from PC Part picker so I am mainly looking for certainty that these are good combos. Any input would help! Also will be playing at 1080p but would like the option to play at 1440p at some point and would like a card that could do that.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JyHn4M

IMG_0676.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Dripzy said:

Budget (including currency): 1,200 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games and various titles. Will be mostly high graphic games and esports titles 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Fresh new build, will be first personal build but I’m not new to building one. I will be going Ryzen 7000 series and Nvidia Graphics cards. I have a list from PC Part picker so I am mainly looking for certainty that these are good combos. Any input would help!

IMG_0676.jpeg

Above the list is a URL, post that or use the BB button on the toolbar and post a BB formatted list. Screen grabs are difficult on portable devices.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

19 minutes ago, brob said:

Above the list is a URL, post that or use the BB button on the toolbar and post a BB formatted list. Screen grabs are difficult on portable devices.

I’m confused by what you mean. I will include the URL, however your reasoning doesn’t make sense as I am using a Phone to post this and can expand the photo just fine.

1 hour ago, Dripzy said:

it varies from phone to phone,on safari mine work but on chrome it doesnt, and works fine on chrome on my ipad, its weird

also the build looks good, i would say dont get a 7600x and go for 7600+ stock cooler and up your gpu, the 7600x is only ~5% faster and has no cooler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qGY7Jy

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.81 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  ($106.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card  ($799.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: MSI MAG A650GL 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1435.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-10 19:40 EDT-0400

1 hour ago, Dripzy said:

Thanks. I'm using a tablet and having to enlarge and shrink stuff is a pain. Plus the link allows one to drill down into part details and play around with options.

Consider a better CPU cooler. Modern CPU tend to improve performance as much as the cooling allows.

You can save a few $ on the memory kit. The one in my list includes both EXPO and XMP profiles.

I suggest a PSU that is ATX 3.0 compliant and supports the 12VHPWR connector used by the GPU.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($33.90 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac Twin Edge GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card  ($589.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($87.99 @ Amazon) 

13 hours ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

also the build looks good, i would say dont get a 7600x and go for 7600+ stock cooler and up your gpu, the 7600x is only ~5% faster and has no cooler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qGY7Jy

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.81 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  ($106.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card  ($799.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: MSI MAG A650GL 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1435.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-10 19:40 EDT-0400

I did think of that in terms of CPU. However I do plan to slightly overclock it and it only costs 10 dollars more plus the cooler price. I can go about 30-50 over this budget but the biggest thing is finding a good price to performance cooler.

13 hours ago, brob said:

PCPartPicker Part List

My biggest thing with these changes was the assurance and assumption that the parts I had would work and not fail. Basically I wanted reliability and I do know some brands that are reliable. However if these brands that you picked instead of mine work just fine and are reliable them I would happily use them. Would these be reliable? Also this is a good price to performance CPU cooler yes? I’m not very good at knowing what cooler would be good for a cpu and a good price for it.

1 hour ago, Dripzy said:

My biggest thing with these changes was the assurance and assumption that the parts I had would work and not fail. Basically I wanted reliability and I do know some brands that are reliable. However if these brands that you picked instead of mine work just fine and are reliable them I would happily use them. Would these be reliable? Also this is a good price to performance CPU cooler yes? I’m not very good at knowing what cooler would be good for a cpu and a good price for it.

The CPU cooler is very popular and from a reputable company. There is little that can go wrong with an air cooler. If it works out of the box it is likely going to work for many years.

The memory is from a budget brand that is generally reliable. If a memory kit works upon installation it is unlikely to fail for many years. 

Adata is a budget brand. The PSU is based on a CWT platform and well reviewed. It has a 10 year warranty.

1 hour ago, brob said:

The CPU cooler is very popular and from a reputable company. There is little that can go wrong with an air cooler. If it works out of the box it is likely going to work for many years.

The memory is from a budget brand that is generally reliable. If a memory kit works upon installation it is unlikely to fail for many years. 

Adata is a budget brand. The PSU is based on a CWT platform and well reviewed. It has a 10 year warranty.

Thank you for the recommendation and assistance, I will more than likely use these then.