Games crash after few hours of playtime

Vector_ND
Go to solution Solved by aren332,
1 hour ago, Vector_ND said:

After playing any game for a few hours, that game and any other game will continually crash 30 seconds to a minute after startup. After wiping the PC completely and re-installing windows, I am able to play for a bit (8-9 hours) before every game starts crashing again. A wipe and re-install fixes the problem but only for a little bit. I have updated my GPU drivers and run DDU. Have seen this issue in Apex, Rainbow 6 Siege, and Helldivers 2. The computer doesn't crash in Minecraft or BattleBit however.

My specs are:

• Windows 11 64bit
  • MSI PRO B650-P WIFI
  • AMD Ryzen 7 7700x
  • 2x16GB memory GSkill Flare
  • EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
  • Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
  • Corsair RM850X

This is my first PC I've built, however I am pretty technical. I have checked for a BIOS update and there is not one available. Honestly not sure what to do at this point.

Temps fine? Any overclocks? Try disabling XMP on the ram and testing it like that. Take out your 3080, use the cpus intergrated gpu, see if the issue persists. Have you ever got a blue screen? If so what was the error code? When your game crashes, what is the error code?

I am able to play for a bit (8-9 hours)

No offense, thats fucking wild though ngl, I cant play games for more than 2 hours max. Im impressed

After playing any game for a few hours, that game and any other game will continually crash 30 seconds to a minute after startup. After wiping the PC completely and re-installing windows, I am able to play for a bit (8-9 hours) before every game starts crashing again. A wipe and re-install fixes the problem but only for a little bit. I have updated my GPU drivers and run DDU. Have seen this issue in Apex, Rainbow 6 Siege, and Helldivers 2. The computer doesn't crash in Minecraft or BattleBit however.

My specs are:

• Windows 11 64bit
  • MSI PRO B650-P WIFI
  • AMD Ryzen 7 7700x
  • EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
  • Corsair RM850X

This is my first PC I've built, however I am pretty technical. I have checked for a BIOS update and there is not one available. Honestly not sure what to do at this point.

My specs are:

• Windows 11 64bit
  • MSI PRO B650-P WIFI
  • AMD Ryzen 7 7700x
  • EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
  • Corsair RM850X

Temps fine? Any overclocks? Try disabling XMP on the ram and testing it like that. Take out your 3080, use the cpus intergrated gpu, see if the issue persists. Have you ever got a blue screen? If so what was the error code? When your game crashes, what is the error code?

I am able to play for a bit (8-9 hours)

No offense, thats fucking wild though ngl, I cant play games for more than 2 hours max. Im impressed

16 minutes ago, aren332 said:

Oh I see the misunderstanding here lol. I don't play 8-9 hours in one sitting. The crashing issue happens after 8-9 hours of gaming total over a few sessions. That's why this issue is so confusing. I can't figure out why it runs fine for a long time then doesn't. If it reinstall windows it's like the timer resets on how long games will run

There isn't any error code when the game crashes and I don't get a blue screen. Just the game application crashing. I'll try disabling xmp. Thanks for the suggestion 

1 minute ago, Vector_ND said:

Oh I see the misunderstanding here lol. I don't play 8-9 hours in one sitting. The crashing issue happens after 8-9 hours of gaming total over a few sessions. That's why this issue is so confusing. I can't figure out why it runs fine for a long time then doesn't. If it reinstall windows it's like the timer resets on how long games will run

Oh, ive seen a forum  talking about an issue with zen 4 cpus (ryzen 7000 series, js like urs) where their performance gets shittier the longer the pc was on. I dont remember if there was a solution to that tho.

Try what I told u before, maybe by any chance the issue will be fixed.

13 hours ago, aren332 said:

Oh, ive seen a forum  talking about an issue with zen 4 cpus (ryzen 7000 series, js like urs) where their performance gets shittier the longer the pc was on. I dont remember if there was a solution to that tho.

Try what I told u before, maybe by any chance the issue will be fixed.

I ended up updating the BIOS, AMD Drivers, and disabling XMP. Either one or a combination of these things fixed it. Thanks a ton for your help!

4 minutes ago, Vector_ND said:

I ended up updating the BIOS, AMD Drivers, and disabling XMP. Either one or a combination of these things fixed it. Thanks a ton for your help!

you should enable XMP as it does make your pc run slightly faster. Make sure the timings and frequency voltage matches as on the ram sticks, if it does and the issue still persists while XMP is enabled, try to raise dram voltage by like 0.050. If your dram stock voltage is 1.35v, try raising it to 1.4v for example.

Start by enabling XMP, then check if the issue persists, just to make sure it was XMP causing the issue