AI can't even get captions right

MS-DOS

Finally wanted to make some use of AI to save time. I wanted the captions to show up automatically and highlight the word that is being spoken by coloring it and making it bigger for like a karaoke style lyrics video. I used Capcut. Result: Many words missing, and the spoken word is sometimes not in sync and highlights 3 or 4 words at once. This really sucks. I've been trying to find alternative but none has the template that I need. This Capcut thing doesn't even let you fine tune the captions so you are stuck with what it finds. AI sucks so far here.

Ai is dumb and the stock market and wallstreets are caught up in this ai hype train. Have you seen the number of ai startups popping up everywhere? Heck, I work for one of them. Even companies that have nothing to do with technology would randomly slap on an openai chat bot just so they could call themselves an "ai startup" and every ventured capitalists and investors would throw money at them. It is like the dotcom bubbles when just adding ".com" to your company name would triple your company valuation. Holy crap. 

I am short selling nvidia in my paper trading account for the fun of it btw and I bet the american S&P and the overall stock market is gonna have negative returns over next decade simply because of how much these ai companies/ai companies related stocks have been pump up to a valuation beyond what's rationale and sane.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, wasab said:

Ai is dumb and the stock market and wallstreets are caught up in this ai hype train. Have you seen the number of ai startups popping up everywhere? Heck, I work for one of them. Even companies that have nothing to do with technology would randomly slap on an openai chat bot just so they could call themselves an "ai startup" and every ventured capitalists and investors would throw money at them. It is like the dotcom bubbles when just adding ".com" to your company name would triple your company valuation. Holy crap. 

I am short selling nvidia in my paper trading account for the fun of it btw and I bet the american S&P and the overall stock market is gonna have negative returns over next decade simply because of how much these ai companies/ai companies related stocks have been pump up to a valuation beyond what's rationale and sane.

Betting against the trend seems risky but good luck.

Im just hoping it gets good enough that I can automate my captions accurately.

5 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

Betting against the trend seems risky but good luck.

Im just hoping it gets good enough that I can automate my captions accurately.

I am only doing it in my paper account but if I had some I don't care f you play money, I would indeed be shorting it. 

In the short term it is indeed dangerous but in the long term, you have higher chance than not to be correct. Stock market in the short term is a voting machine but a weighing machine in the long term. Everyone who speculated on the trend and overpay for some xyz will always end up in a net loss years down the road based on empricial data. 

This is why performance chasing, market timing, recency biases, following the herd/hype, and even stock picking work against you. 

Anyways I am going off topic. Good day. 

Sudo make me a sandwich