System Fans as Full Speed When Windows 11 Loads

PaulM

Everyone,

I shut down and unplugged my PC to dust it off. None of the connectors were touched, damaged, or moved in any way, I double-checked after I noticed the issue.  I have rechecked the BIOS settings and adjusted them but not change. The issue is that when Windows is running since I cleaned it the fans are at full speed the entire time Windows is running. They quiet down to what seems to be the set speed only while in BIOS.  Any solutions, I have tried adjusting the fan curve, PWM to DC smart sensor on and off, multiple settings changed in BIOS and no correction.  Thanks

Check your temps with HWMonitor or whatever you prefer. It sounds like maybe the processor heatsink got partially dislodged in the cleaning.

I checked the CPU cooler and fan and the system fans and everything was fastened and connected correctly. I even connected and reconnected the fans to the MOBO.  Not sure why it is still doing it. The temps are good at 29-30 degrees C usage is almost nothing and GPU is the same. Thanks for the reply

Does anyone know if a fan splitter may have gone bad and may need to be replaced. I have reset bios to default and poped out the cmos battery and still have the issue. 

23 hours ago, thevictor390 said:

Check your temps with HWMonitor or whatever you prefer. It sounds like maybe the processor heatsink got partially dislodged in the cleaning.

I checked the connections and mounting and it seems fine. I tried repair scripts to check the install. I also tried to install windows on a different ssd and it seems to be doing the same thing.  I wonder if its the motherboard or psu

5 minutes ago, PaulM said:

I checked the connections and mounting and it seems fine. I tried repair scripts to check the install. I also tried to install windows on a different ssd and it seems to be doing the same thing.  I wonder if its the motherboard or psu

There may be a setting in the BIOS about fan speed. And if worried about a splitter, you can try bypassing it and just plug one fan in to see if it changes.