Corsair 4000D water cooling fan setup

Go to solution Solved by TatamiMatt,
3 minutes ago, pnda92_ttv said:

in that case if i did a 240mm aio on the top on the case with stock cooler on the 4070 what would be the optimal fan set up? right now i just have a single 120mm aio that is at the back of my pc witch is pretty straight forward. 

240mm as exhaust on top, rear exhaust and 3 front intake

hello i am new to water cooling and plan on building a new pc soon. I want to do gpu and cpu cooling how would i go about setting up the fans in the corsair 4000d? also is there any better case options for dual radiators? i will be running a rtx 4070 with a 7800x3d. thanks 

1 minute ago, pnda92_ttv said:

hello i am new to water cooling and plan on building a new pc soon. I want to do gpu and cpu cooling how would i go about setting up the fans in the corsair 4000d? also is there any better case options for dual radiators? i will be running a rtx 4070 with a 7800x3d. thanks 

Do you mean a custom loop? Also what size of radiators? Thridly, do you need to watercool? Both of these components are very power efficient and air cooling these is a very viable option

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

1 minute ago, TatamiMatt said:

Do you mean a custom loop? Also what size of radiators? Thridly, do you need to watercool? Both of these components are very power efficient and air cooling these is a very viable option

yes a custom loop. it would be a 240mm rad on top and 360mm for the front. Would it make more sense just to get an aio cooler for the cpu and leave the stock cooler on the 4070? 

yes a custom loop. it would be a 240mm rad on top and 360mm for the front. Would it make more sense just to get an aio cooler for the cpu and leave the stock cooler on the 4070? 

Honestly only if you want it for either an AIO or a custom loop, air coolers are very viable, especially for that cpu, i have mine aircooled with a less than optimal fan setup for it and it doesnt go above 75C

WhatsAppImage2024-03-29at3_46_28PM.thumb.jpeg.e8b763442ff4af7d93371e2d0d94509e.jpeg

System specs:

12 minutes ago, pnda92_ttv said:

how would i go about setting up the fans in the corsair 4000d

The same as any 4000D, in at the front, out at the top and rear. (or really any standard case like that)

Understand that a full custom loop with parts like that is done entirely for looks and/or you simply like the process, not for necessity in cooling. Air cooling is far easier, cheaper and MORE than enough to get the maximum potential out of those parts.

That being said, that case is incredibly popular and hundreds of examples of loops in it are available with a few clicks for reference. For example.

1 minute ago, TatamiMatt said:

Honestly only if you want it, air coolers are very viable, i have mine aircooled with a less than optimal fan setup for it and it doesnt go above 75C

in that case if i did a 240mm aio on the top on the case with stock cooler on the 4070 what would be the optimal fan set up? right now i just have a single 120mm aio that is at the back of my pc witch is pretty straight forward. 

240mm as exhaust on top, rear exhaust and 3 front intake

System specs:

Just now, TatamiMatt said:

240mm on top, rear exhaust and 3 front intake

perfect thats what i was thinking just wasnt 100% sure. thanks for the help!