Games shut down with no errors

Nyabi
Go to solution Solved by DoctorNick,
14 minutes ago, Nyabi said:

Hello everyone!

History of the problem

I built new PC around a year ago. At that time there were no issues except for running one game, New World.

Game works fine for 20-60 minutes and suddenly shut down itself. No errors, nothing visible at Windows event viewer.

Well since it was just one game I just changed game but recently problem gets worse.

Other games start to share this past issue, for example titles like Path of Exile and Rocket League.

They works for few minutes sometimes hours and shut down without visible errors.

Since I'm not PC expert any kind of idea, what might be the cause it would be very much appreciated.

I spent a fair amount of money on this PC and not really got much enjoyment for last few weeks since I lost ability to play all of my favourite titles.

What I tried so far

• Update Windows as far as possible
  • Update all drivers as far as possible

Specs:

• Graphic - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
  • CPU - Interl(R) 13th Gen Core(TM) i5-13600KF
  • Memory - 4x8GB DDR4-3730 (1865MHz)
  • Mainboard - Gigabyte B660 GAMING X DDR4
  • Power supply - KRUX Generator 850W 80 Plus Gold

Big thank you for everyone who will try to help me.

PSU seem decent enough. Did you have that memory config all that time? Have you tried without XMP? Also if you got any OC enabled, auto overclock etc. Disable that in bios. 

Hello everyone!

History of the problem

I built new PC around a year ago. At that time there were no issues except for running one game, New World.

Game works fine for 20-60 minutes and suddenly shut down itself. No errors, nothing visible at Windows event viewer.

Well since it was just one game I just changed game but recently problem gets worse.

Other games start to share this past issue, for example titles like Path of Exile and Rocket League.

They works for few minutes sometimes hours and shut down without visible errors.

Since I'm not PC expert any kind of idea, what might be the cause it would be very much appreciated.

I spent a fair amount of money on this PC and not really got much enjoyment for last few weeks since I lost ability to play all of my favourite titles.

What I tried so far

• Disabling XMP

Specs:

2 minutes ago, Nyabi said:

Hello everyone!

History of the problem

What I tried so far

Specs:

Games shut down or the system itself?
What's your power supply also?

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Power supply is KRUX Generator 850W 80 Plus Gold.

System works fine, the issue is that games shut downs.

14 minutes ago, Nyabi said:

Hello everyone!

History of the problem

What I tried so far

Specs:

PSU seem decent enough. Did you have that memory config all that time? Have you tried without XMP? Also if you got any OC enabled, auto overclock etc. Disable that in bios. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I'm not sure how to check overclocking. Please have a look into my BIOS current settings:

image.thumb.png.195d6bc66fff34bd690a7ae6f92a88c0.png
image.png.511e092859e43cadb26d07ea6fa7fc2d.png
image.png.64888ba9dfab353de3918bbb417675e8.png
image.png.5c2960057411edcaf0046a8ae391707d.png
image.png.609baa52673f8df8c7a26f0cd07cbeb9.png
image.png.5c2c481fa3437405f0d5f208041889c7.png

I read that you can kinda check if something was overclocked with CPU-Z so I'm including that as well.
I'm clueless how to read this, but maybe it will help with diagnosing the issue.

image.png.652fd61fa812869413b3c8850aba6265.pngimage.png.8a568a6f3614a2abbc2c343f06386f30.pngimage.png.312ada94b37bd30ef9d49012dbfe9c7d.pngimage.png.122b7546b478fe831f919f5a9cd1c107.pngimage.png.fc97bb6f8870531bf03a0602ddb028d7.png

Quick update. I found how to disable XMP.
This is how it looks now. I will try to verify if the problem still occurs, but it might take a few hours to be sure.

image.png.2a057258e83ca7503a12bcb33935dfc8.pngimage.png.5e4329f57a53317fa15e178f162ecbb4.png

Since I turned off XMP and boost fans speed the problem seems to be gone.

However please don't lock this topic yet I need a little more time for stress test.

I will keep you posted. Thank you for great idea with XMP.

One full day of testing and it looks like XMP was really the issue. Thank you all for the help!

In case I'm wrong and problem will reoccure in few days I will create separate topic and add this one as disclaimer.

13 hours ago, Nyabi said:

One full day of testing and it looks like XMP was really the issue. Thank you all for the help!

In case I'm wrong and problem will reoccure in few days I will create separate topic and add this one as disclaimer.

If you want the full ram speed, you'll need to set memory frequency, dram voltage and primary timings manually. Primary timings: 17-21-21-21-41 in bios. Dram voltage is 1.35v. Leave everything else at auto. From your screenshots you don't have any OC enabled which is good. The reason why your ram isn't working on XMP is most likely that you run 4 sticks, maybe even got 2 times 2x8gb kits and therefore the timings is optimized for only two sticks. If the above timings doesn't work, might wanna try 18 (or 19)-21-21-21-41. 

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your response.

image.png.e4cb9dd7823f58fd0b453169b1f67dcc.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.