Question re Possible Questionable Advice from Microsoft Tech Support

rjtyler1

Hi Guys,

I have been having issues with my updated build for a litle while now. I have the following:

Intel 14900K 

GB Z790 Aorus Elite X Ver 1.0 Mobo

EVGA 3090TI FTW

64 GB DDR5 

Several Harddrives

My issue is when I go to play Minecraft on this PC with my kids the game will start fine, but when it logs to the actual server (be it remote or local game) it crashes immediately to desktop. it does this regularly. 

Windows Event Viewer shows the codes as

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error
      [ Guid] {a0e9b465-b939-57d7-b27d-95d8e925ff57}

EventID 1000

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2024-04-08T08:49:31.9590176Z

EventRecordID 737

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 16516
      [ ThreadID] 17024

Channel Application

Computer jedi_master

- Security
      [ UserID] S-1-5-21-1623534573-694897626-1272650640-1001
- EventData
    AppName Minecraft.Windows.exe
    AppVersion 1.20.73.1
    AppTimeStamp 6605ffc3
    ModuleName Minecraft.Windows.exe
    ModuleVersion 1.20.73.1
    ModuleTimeStamp 6605ffc3
    ExceptionCode c0000409
    FaultingOffset 00000000043a1d7a
    ProcessId 0x2dd4
    ProcessCreationTime 0x1da8991951949fe
    AppPath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.7301.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Minecraft.Windows.exe
    ModulePath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.7301.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Minecraft.Windows.exe
    IntegratorReportId a3871add-6a06-46f9-bf6c-e689e1909908
    PackageFullName Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.7301.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PackageRelativeAppId App

My issue is I have done as the techs on the chat line have said - run the usual command line instructions - SFC ; DISM ; DskChk ; Memory Scans and even had them reinstall window several time. 

Now they are saying it is hardware and they want to blame the GPU. 

However, the GPU runs much more demanding games like Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3 with all the bells and whistles with no problems. Gets a little toasty but hey - you want eye candy then that's the cost.

He also tried to claim that a game crash will damage hardware. That is something that I have never heard happening in my 50+ years of being on this earth.

I find it questionable that a top line GPU of the 30 series will have trouble running a game that can run on my Ally or my Surface using an integrated GPU cannot run on my desktop. 

Before I make a dick of myself and go to the trouble of trying to get an RMA from EVGA (which in Australia is going to be difficult (especially since I have it hardline cooled)), am I being given the run around and gaslit so I go bug someone else, or is this simply a Driver Issue that I can fix by rolling back to an older driver, or does his comments have merit and it is a faulty card? 

Nobody likes Microsoft, even their shitty call center employees. How did you test your RAM? or CPU? it sounds like it has nothing to do with your graphics card. RAM would be primary suspect as XMP profiles just about useless in most uses cases.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, rjtyler1 said:

He also tried to claim that a game crash will damage hardware. That is something that I have never heard happening in my 50+ years of being on this earth.

Impossible

2 minutes ago, rjtyler1 said:

I find it questionable that a top line GPU of the 30 series will have trouble running a game that can run on my Ally or my Surface using an integrated GPU cannot run on my desktop. 

The only situation where I could see the GPU being the problem would be a driver bug or a defective vram block. Usually the latter wouldn't cause a full game crash though, just artifacting.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

20 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Impossible

The only situation where I could see the GPU being the problem would be a driver bug or a defective vram block. Usually the latter wouldn't cause a full game crash though, just artifacting.

Hi Sauron, would you suggest rolling the driver back to an earlier version?

Is this Minecraft installed from the Windows store or installed from a download from the Minecraft site?

5 minutes ago, whispous said:

Is this Minecraft installed from the Windows store or installed from a download from the Minecraft site?

Your question was already answered in the OP.

40 minutes ago, rjtyler1 said:

Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.7301.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

10 minutes ago, rjtyler1 said:

It's worth a try

46 minutes ago, rjtyler1 said:

He also tried to claim that a game crash will damage hardware

it's much more likely that something's wrong in terms of software. Have you updated your bios to the latest version?

47 minutes ago, rjtyler1 said:

64 GB DDR5

what speed?

48 minutes ago, rjtyler1 said:

but when it logs to the actual server (be it remote or local game) it crashes immediately to desktop

do you mean when you try to play on a server such as Hypixel or on your own server at home? And did/does this happen on previous/other devices

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 hour ago, rjtyler1 said:

I doubt that's the issue, but it can't hurt to try. You can also check to see if there's a newer beta driver available from nvidia.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it's much more likely that something's wrong in terms of software. Have you updated your bios to the latest version?

yes I ran a Bios Update on Saturday - running current version.

what speed?

Ram is running at 6000 mt/s

10 hours ago, filpo said:

do you mean when you try to play on a server such as Hypixel or on your own server at home? And did/does this happen on previous/other devices

I am runnning a private server on TruNas for my kids to play on. But it also crashes when playing on a local world on the PC itself. The game runs fine on my Kids PC, plus my Surface and Ally.

8 hours ago, rjtyler1 said:

But it also crashes when playing on a local world on the PC itself. The game runs fine on my Kids PC, plus my Surface and Ally.

how is CPU usage in game? and have you done that driver update/rolled back to a previous version

Current parts list

6 hours ago, filpo said:

how is CPU usage in game? and have you done that driver update/rolled back to a previous version

CPU usage is fine, if I can get the game to run. I have manged to switch and test using the iGPU and do not believe it is the GPU, as I could not get the game to load into my world with that as well. 
tonight I rolled the driver back from the current to 551.61 and it still crashed.  
Further investigation showed the link in the registry, but I am true

y flying blind here. The app path seems to point to a registry item, but I have no idea what that means

21 hours ago, rjtyler1 said:

CPU usage is fine, if I can get the game to run. I have manged to switch and test using the iGPU and do not believe it is the GPU, as I could not get the game to load into my world with that as well. 
tonight I rolled the driver back from the current to 551.61 and it still crashed.  
Further investigation showed the link in the registry, but I am true

y flying blind here. The app path seems to point to a registry item, but I have no idea what that means

That is strange, sorry I'm stuck 😥

Current parts list

On 4/8/2024 at 6:29 PM, rjtyler1 said:

Hi Guys,

I have been having issues with my updated build for a litle while now. I have the following:

Intel 14900K 

GB Z790 Aorus Elite X Ver 1.0 Mobo

EVGA 3090TI FTW

64 GB DDR5 

Several Harddrives

My issue is when I go to play Minecraft on this PC with my kids the game will start fine, but when it logs to the actual server (be it remote or local game) it crashes immediately to desktop. it does this regularly. 

Windows Event Viewer shows the codes as

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error
      [ Guid] {a0e9b465-b939-57d7-b27d-95d8e925ff57}

EventID 1000

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2024-04-08T08:49:31.9590176Z

EventRecordID 737

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 16516
      [ ThreadID] 17024

Channel Application

Computer jedi_master

- Security
      [ UserID] S-1-5-21-1623534573-694897626-1272650640-1001
- EventData
    AppName Minecraft.Windows.exe
    AppVersion 1.20.73.1
    AppTimeStamp 6605ffc3
    ModuleName Minecraft.Windows.exe
    ModuleVersion 1.20.73.1
    ModuleTimeStamp 6605ffc3
    ExceptionCode c0000409
    FaultingOffset 00000000043a1d7a
    ProcessId 0x2dd4
    ProcessCreationTime 0x1da8991951949fe
    AppPath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.7301.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Minecraft.Windows.exe
    ModulePath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.7301.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Minecraft.Windows.exe
    IntegratorReportId a3871add-6a06-46f9-bf6c-e689e1909908
    PackageFullName Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.7301.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PackageRelativeAppId App

My issue is I have done as the techs on the chat line have said - run the usual command line instructions - SFC ; DISM ; DskChk ; Memory Scans and even had them reinstall window several time. 

Now they are saying it is hardware and they want to blame the GPU. 

However, the GPU runs much more demanding games like Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3 with all the bells and whistles with no problems. Gets a little toasty but hey - you want eye candy then that's the cost.

Before I make a dick of myself and go to the trouble of trying to get an RMA from EVGA (which in Australia is going to be difficult (especially since I have it hardline cooled)), am I being given the run around and gaslit so I go bug someone else, or is this simply a Driver Issue that I can fix by rolling back to an older driver, or does his comments have merit and it is a faulty card? 

Have you tried creating a new world? If so, does it crash on the new world as well or only that pre-existing world?

20 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Have you tried creating a new world? If so, does it crash on the new world as well or only that pre-existing world?

Yes.  I have done it all. When I install and start not logged into my MS account it works, but when I log into my Ms account crash. 

this is the common path and points to registry. 

On 4/8/2024 at 8:29 PM, rjtyler1 said:

Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.20.7301.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe