Is this a good KB?

Edward78

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FYCXL7R/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_10?smid=&psc=1

The anti=ghosting sounds nice, anyway how bright does it get? Videos are pointless, in them they always are brighter than IRL. I have trouble seeing & a KB with out a num pad would be good. That one is a bit odd to change the color though. Sounds like some awesome pros. So any vids the show IRL brightness with out enhancing it?

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

Red Dragon keyboards have been known to be decent entry level boards. 

LTT has a video on it as well. The first half is on an membrane KB/Mouse combo. But the second half is on that KB.

Technology is like a good friend that does its best to piss you off at every turn. yet we love them anyway. 

Do you have a flexible budget?

Nuphy is my favourite brand for prebuilt keyboards and they recently announced their V2 Halo-series keyboards.

If you scroll down, the product page talks about their "Canopus shine-through keycaps" and the huge font looks like it might be perfect for you.

https://nuphy.com/products/halo75-v2-qmk-via-wireless-custom-mechanical-keyboard

You would need to add the Canopus Shine-Through set as extra keycaps for an additional $12

I know $129 (before shipping and keycaps) sounds like a high price for a keyboard, but you legit will never need to upgrade your keyboard ever again.

10 hours ago, Edward78 said:

So any vids the show IRL brightness with out enhancing it?

You keep saying this and I replied in your last 2 threads regarding keyboards.

THERE IS NO ENHANCEMENT HAPPENING. Cameras and human eyes perceive light differently and high dynamic range differently. You would need the YouTuber to light their keyboard video with professional lighting if you want an accurate representation of LED lights.

I've owned Redragon boards before and LTT video at this time-code is very accurate to real-life. Redragon keyboard keycaps do not get bright.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Well it has 6 brightness levels, so it will get brighter then others. So what kind of keycaps will KB I posted take?

Sounds like a good 1.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

15 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

Well it has 6 brightness levels, so it will get brighter then others.

....?

Just because it has brightness levels doesn't mean the peak brightness is good.

I also specified that the quality of the keycaps don't get that bright. The translucency/transparency is not great.

| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

44 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

Do they have top print or what ever they call them?

I don't know what you mean, the legend is clearly on the side with these keycaps. But they do appear to be double-shot and shine-through.

1 minute ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

I don't know what you mean, the legend is clearly on the side with these keycaps. But they do appear to be double-shot and shine-through.

I mean do they sell keycaps that re not side printed?

3 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

I mean do they sell keycaps that re not side printed?

Yes, shine through keycaps with the legend on top do exist.

8 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

That company I mean. Besides the side print they sound like good ones.

Have you checked?

Because this seems to me that you are asking us whether we know the whole product stack of a random company on amazon, or expect us to go on a wild hunt down the amazon rabbit hole to determine this for you. Which would be a rude thing to do, without giving it a proper shot yourself.

5 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Have you checked?

Because this seems to me that you are asking us whether we know the whole product stack of a random company on amazon, or expect us to go on a wild hunt down the amazon rabbit hole to determine this for you. Which would be a rude thing to do, without giving it a proper shot yourself.

Sorry, I have fount some linked above & https://www.amazon.com/XVX-Keycaps-Keyboard-Fullsize-Mechanical/dp/B0BW3BNYK3/ref=sr_1_15?crid=1U4S3I7YM8Y4G&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.4KD9HS749XN608k-0wvCC38OuMDOsZv42Gt6P_LHs3WprmlpjYBPPHdpXWsmSLW1phtMSYTuXvuJvm04NtBMHgtPDsZ50gWbb4yAF3GFZ3a1ae3G0XcdbTrAHisVhF1wLZevQ65W-T0Mv72o3RUbKYYqIYfvMCuvAXKEe9wU0nLVIwhLXeJRlF8HGwxXTwZ3_AdO3IWPhTawNCD_TzBHN5p_njn2rgsxwZNFoirLhRA.mY3-2r3vf7_kIfOY13A44SvW3ckwQTevHGALDWuP7Lo&dib_tag=se&keywords=XVX%2BPBT%2BKeycaps%2Bshinegthough&qid=1712597121&sprefix=xvx%2Bpbt%2Bkeycaps%2Bshinegthough%2Caps%2C85&sr=8-15&th=1, but they say for Cherry MX will they work for the KB I linked?

3 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

but they say for Cherry MX will they work for the KB I linked?

Almost all mechanical switches are using the + stem from Cherry MX switches, so that should work.

8 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Cool found some by the same people
https://www.amazon.com/Kanagawa-Japanese-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B0B74Z3M6Y/

I hope they are clear, large print would have been nice.

8 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Sorry, I have fount some linked above
https://www.amazon.com/XVX-Keycaps-Keyboard-Fullsize-Mechanical/dp/B0BW3BNYK3/
but they say for Cherry MX will they work for the KB I linked?

These are not shine-through keycaps.

10 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Will the keycaps from the place linked in this forum work? I did a search for the keycapds put in a above post, but no results. Would these work?
https://www.amazon.com/XVX-Keycaps-Universal-Compatiability-Keyboard/dp/B09JRSQC1M/

I think you will be completely blinded by all of that light.

I just want to mention that every keyboard made in the last 4 decades has "anti-ghosting". Anti-Ghosting refers to the design of the keyboard preventing "phantom" or "ghost" keys being pressed. In a keyboard matrix if you were to press the W and Z key for arguments sake, it could perhaps also register a phantom S key or A key. Due to how they gate the presses this doesn't happen. This is why however, without diodes or capacitive switches to tell the keyboard exactly what switches are down, you only get 2 key rollover.

Anti-Ghosting has been often misattributed to mean 6 Key or N-key rollover. And while technically true, is horribly misleading. Even a crappy rubberdome HP keyboard is "anti-ghosting" with its insane 2 key rollover.

It doesn't help that microsoft literally makes shit up on their website about it, perpetuating false information. Though their matrices diagrams are nice.

https://www.microsoft.com/applied-sciences/projects/anti-ghosting

11 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Oh thise look great. those would be good on that Reddragon.  like the , accept for they all seem to be side print on the none pudding style.

45 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

Oh thise look great. those would be good on that Reddragon.  like the , accept for they all seem to be side print on the none pudding style.

lololol

The Redragon K552 is $43 and the Etsy keycaps are $85 = $128

You are SO CLOSE to the price of the NuPhy Halo75 V2 $129 + Canopus Shine-through Keycaps $12 = $141

image.jpeg.e73b1792b063e644e8a485eb42b3b271.jpeg