Boot problems, stuck in RAM checking?

Hey,

Ive built a PC approximatly four months ago. But today I ran into a problem which I could not resolve by my own.

I have noticed on this AM5 system that every 2-3 weeks, the boot cycle takes 5 minutes. I always thought thats because of the new platform. Usually I wait this time or it also worked to press the power LED one time more, then the system would power down and I can start again with a normal boot cycle that time.

Same happend today. I turned it off and started again. But now the power led of the mainboard (Asrock b650i lightning wifi) keeps blinking at around 2Hz. Goining after the manual, that means "blinking till BFD"  with the discription "DRAM overclocking failed" (page 40 of the manual). First of all, what is BFD?

Secondly, I waited ~30 minutes without anything happening. I started my usual troubleshooting steps (which is extremly painful in my SFF build by the way). This consisted of trying out single ram (32GB Gskill Flare 6000Mhz, EXPO ready), resetting BIOS ~5 times via jumper and battery and running of onboard graphics (r5 7600) without a GPU in the Pcie slot. I dont think its a problem with my power supply, because its a fresh SF750, which is a good psu in general.

I honestly dont know what to do next. My only idea is to just let the system do whatever it is doing for a long time and hope its gonna fix itself. Ive heard that in rare cases DDR5 takes longer than half an hour to boot after a BIOS reset. On first boot four months ago I think it took about 15min in my system

I would be grateful for any help you can provide.

Cheers

That's interesting, you could try disable the DDR5 memory training and see if that helps somehow.

The path in BIOS should look something like this: (and you put it on Enabled)

Extreme Tweaker > DRAM Timing Control > Memory Context Restore -> Enabled

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

10 hours ago, podkall said:

That's interesting, you could try disable the DDR5 memory training and see if that helps somehow.

The path in BIOS should look something like this: (and you put it on Enabled)

Extreme Tweaker > DRAM Timing Control > Memory Context Restore -> Enabled

It looks like i forgot to mention it. Can get no post at all. By now I also tried booting without GPU and Drive. I also reseated all ram in all slots in all possible options. 

remove bios battery and leave it for an hour .. with powersupply disconnected. 

then assemble and try again. 

8 hours ago, Robchil said:

remove bios battery and leave it for an hour .. with powersupply disconnected. 

then assemble and try again. 

Had it disconnected for 2 hours now, but still no change in behaviour. I ordered spare mainboard with debugb leds and a pair of ram to troubleshoot. Its hard for me to believe somethings wrong with the hardware, but there is nothing more I can do now. Since all those parts are only a few months old, warranty should help me get a replacement if something turns out broken.

Nevertheless, thanks for the help.