Fan placement? Front intake and top intake, then one fan exhaust?

I've been running a fractal define XL for the past 2 years with a 280mm front rad intake with push/pull config, and a 360mm top rad exhaust with push/pull as well. Then one 140mm exhaust fan on rear of case. I was thinking of flipping my top rad fans to be intake as well so that I can get cooler air from the top. I was wondering if anyone else has this configuration as well and if there is much of a difference from top exhaust or top intake. I want to run my computer a bit more quietly. I currently have the fan curve set so that the coolant temp stays below 40c, but if I want to run it a bit quieter it can reach over 45c. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, otacon19 said:

I've been running a fractal define XL for the past 2 years with a 280mm front rad intake with push/pull config, and a 360mm top rad exhaust with push/pull as well. Then one 140mm exhaust fan on rear of case. I was thinking of flipping my top rad fans to be intake as well so that I can get cooler air from the top. I was wondering if anyone else has this configuration as well and if there is much of a difference from top exhaust or top intake. I want to run my computer a bit more quietly. I currently have the fan curve set so that the coolant temp stays below 40c, but if I want to run it a bit quieter it can reach over 45c. 

Thanks

Remember heat rises, so all that heat you are pushing out can get circulated back inside with top intake.

It doesn't matter if the coolant is hotter, if the things its cooling are not thermal throttling.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

15 hours ago, otacon19 said:

Thanks

You can just give it a try to find out. Flipping the fans should not take much time. Don't forget to try the fans on both sides of the rad, though. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂