Looking for an upgrade

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: For Games FF XIV, Apex Legends, Fortnite and AAA single player. For programs Excel, Premiere Pro and Photoshop (but MAINLY gaming)

Other details 

Hi, good evening. Im a complete newby in all the realm of PC parts, assembly and more, so I hope you can forgive some ignorance from my part and my broken english (mostly if I miss a letter arround, the keyboard needs a replacement)

Im looking into upgrading my actual PC (https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/GH4rsh which was created by someone recomendation back in summer of 2019) with these parts https://es.pcpartpicker.com/user/Descrapto/saved/hyGVBm. I would like to play at 1080p or/and 1440p. My actual PC was assembled back in 2019 but with a different GPU but changed it for the 6750XT you see in the link. These days I feel like I have a huge bottleneck with my CPU making some FPS drop hard with games that never had them (also some crashes and very low FPS on newer games but thats a given), I have been looking into tutorials, OC, undervolting and more but I kind of feel that I should upgrade the CPU but did research that if I wanted full compatibility I would need to upgrade a few more components.

I would buy the pieces over time in order to have it by the end of june, the money is not a problem but I feel like Im paying to much for some things

You have any opinions or knowledge you could share with a newby?

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.

piezas pc.PNG

I'm assuming you are upgrading your system with parts from the screenshot, because the list is private. That's a pretty good combo, but i think it's better to get a 7600x, and save the money to buy a better GPU later

You might want to consider a different ssd, which might (might) hold it back, but not majorly. 

Go with the 7600, it’s not much worse, and should be way cheaper

Try to get a cheaper 750w-850w deepcool, it should be cheaper

unless you’re overlocking, mobo doesn’t really matter. I believe the gaming b650 is cheaper than what you have there and is atx 🙂

What cpu do you have? Your issue, tbh, is not with your cpu porably but your ram. If you upgrade the ram then it’ll be a lot cheaper and you’ll reach similar performance gamign

Thanks for the responses. sorry for the delay, I was making dinner.

1 hour ago, MiszS said:

I'm assuming you are upgrading your system with parts from the screenshot, because the list is private. That's a pretty good combo, but i think it's better to get a 7600x, and save the money to buy a better GPU later

I just made it public (I think) the list, I´ll look into the 7600x (you mean this one? https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/66C48d/amd-ryzen-5-7600x-47-ghz-6-core-processor-100-100000593wof) and try to save something for a better GPU than the one I got now (6750XT) and maybe go back for an Nvidia 4070 or stay with AMD if the price/performance ratio is better, dont have too much love for Raytracing TBH

56 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

You might want to consider a different ssd, which might (might) hold it back, but not majorly. 

Go with the 7600, it’s not much worse, and should be way cheaper

Try to get a cheaper 750w-850w deepcool, it should be cheaper

unless you’re overlocking, mobo doesn’t really matter. I believe the gaming b650 is cheaper than what you have there and is atx 🙂

What cpu do you have? Your issue, tbh, is not with your cpu porably but your ram. If you upgrade the ram then it’ll be a lot cheaper and you’ll reach similar performance gamign

The SSD is not my main concern right now but I´m always looking for sales or good prices, I dont change it more due to the fear of changing it for the first time.

the CPU is this one (https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/28qhP6/intel-core-i5-9600k-37ghz-6-core-processor-bx80684i59600k) a i5-9600k.

for the ram if its true it may save me more money. Is it possible to use DDR5 ram in a DDR4 motherboard or is a stupid idea

52 minutes ago, Descrapto said:

I just made it public (I think) the list, I´ll look into the 7600x (you mean this one? https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/66C48d/amd-ryzen-5-7600x-47-ghz-6-core-processor-100-100000593wof) and try to save something for a better GPU than the one I got now (6750XT) and maybe go back for an Nvidia 4070 or stay with AMD if the price/performance ratio is better, dont have too much love for Raytracing TBH

The SSD is not my main concern right now but I´m always looking for sales or good prices, I dont change it more due to the fear of changing it for the first time.

the CPU is this one (https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/28qhP6/intel-core-i5-9600k-37ghz-6-core-processor-bx80684i59600k) a i5-9600k.

for the ram if its true it may save me more money. Is it possible to use DDR5 ram in a DDR4 motherboard or is a stupid idea

Please for the love of hod do not use ddr5 in ddr4. If you set it up as 2x32 (assuming you have decent ram) instead of the craziness you have rn it should run beter. If the 2x8 is fast enough then it’s ok

Go with either the 7700 or 7600(x or not they’re similar. For gaming you won’t really notice a difference.) They’re really similar to 7700x

2 hours ago, Linuswasright said:

Please for the love of hod do not use ddr5 in ddr4. If you set it up as 2x32 (assuming you have decent ram) instead of the craziness you have rn it should run beter. If the 2x8 is fast enough then it’s ok

Go with either the 7700 or 7600(x or not they’re similar. For gaming you won’t really notice a difference.) They’re really similar to 7700x

wait it wont fit will it??

10 hours ago, Descrapto said:

Yeah this cpu, AMD has a way better price to perfomance ratio, as well a reasonable amount of ram, so if you don't care about raytracing there's no point in buying an nvidia card

Good evening. Thanks again for the replies. I have been doing some testing taking out the 32 ram stick and trying playing with the 32000 16 ram.

-Last of us Part 1: no matter the resolution (1440 or 1080) it never came to 60 fps with all the sticks, always 40-50 fps with custom settings (never at max and lots of medium-high settings). Without the 32 stick I can see an improvement, but still not enough. But then I remember that I dont care about the game and that is a Shotty port. At least I have completed the story now.

-Alan Wake 2: there is some improvement, now at 1440 with FSR2 at quality it runs great (60-70 fps) but with a lot of stutter dropping the framerate quite often. 

-Forspoken: it was bad before, never reached 60 fps at 1080 or 1440, FSR never did a thing. Now it reaches 60 at 1440 and 1080 with a lot of settings at high but using FSR quality gives me 70 fps in combact and in open world.

-Forza Horizon 5: runs almost the same but with no stutters at 1440, barely any drops even doing ultra raytracing and most settings at max giving 60 fps and never going down 57.

Im feeling so stupid for wasting the money on that stick at the same time as the 6750XT.

Now I want to make more testing by trying FF XIV (at 4K), FF XV, Starfield, Forza Motorsport, spiderman remaster and Uncharted (maybe even Cyberpunk to see any changes).

For now the main problem is being the stutters that are going on from time to time.

Im still looking into upgrading with your suggestions, advices and the parts I have chosen previously (except the CPU, I think im going with the 7600X thx again for the advice).

Why still looking for an upgrade? 

Because I the games that Im looking into impatiently (like the future update of FF XIV and FF XVI on PC) will ask for more just to run OK (without counting on it being a ok port) also to be prepared for the case that I May go back into graphic desing, 3D rendering and video editing.

I dont know. You think its overkill and/or overthinking? 

Thanks again for the useful advice and comments, Im serious.

Good morning, Im still doing some tests but wanted to ask 2 things.

1. How do I mark a comment as a solution? the point of the post kind of feels resolved after realizing how stupid I was with the ram installed. Even though Im still looking into upgrading the parts.

2. How do you see this Ram https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0CTHXMYL8/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&th=1 ? is on a flash sale right now and seems kind of the same as the one I was thinking into buying, but after the debacle I dont know what to think anymore tbh

1 hour ago, Descrapto said:

Good morning, Im still doing some tests but wanted to ask 2 things.

1. How do I mark a comment as a solution? the point of the post kind of feels resolved after realizing how stupid I was with the ram installed. Even though Im still looking into upgrading the parts.

2. How do you see this Ram https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0CTHXMYL8/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&th=1 ? is on a flash sale right now and seems kind of the same as the one I was thinking into buying, but after the debacle I dont know what to think anymore tbh

Looks fine, tho haven’t looked too deep

TBH at this point it’s not ram. Unless you are hitting the limit, then it is ok (also try not to mix brand). What CPU do you have?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

Looks fine, tho haven’t looked too deep

TBH at this point it’s not ram. Unless you are hitting the limit, then it is ok (also try not to mix brand). What CPU do you have?

thanks for the reply.

I just looked a bit more, the crucial one has a bit more latency and different timmings (G flare 30-38-38-96 and crucial36-38-38-80), so dont know what to do, some users put bad reviews but those are for the 5600mhz model

For the CPU I think I linked it before but I´ll post it here https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/28qhP6/intel-core-i5-9600k-37ghz-6-core-processor-bx80684i59600k

An Intel i5-9600K 3.7GHz 6 cores

Edited by Descrapto

1 hour ago, Descrapto said:

thanks for the reply.

I just looked a bit more, the crucial one has a bit more latency and different timmings (G flare 30-38-38-96 and crucial36-38-38-80), so dont know what to do, some users put bad reviews but those are for the 5600mhz model

For the CPU I think I linked it before but I´ll post it here https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/28qhP6/intel-core-i5-9600k-37ghz-6-core-processor-bx80684i59600k

An Intel i5-9600K 3.7GHz 6 cores

Try tog et the same ram as before. Anything different messes with it

Your cou should be cooking, though check if it’s bottleneck if the gpu

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Linuswasright said:

Try tog et the same ram as before. Anything different messes with it

Your cou should be cooking, though check if it’s bottleneck if the gpu

The ram would be used for the new parts and not for the setup im using right now if you are talking about that.

And for the possible bottleneck, I may have one the usage is most of the times at a 100% of use when I turn on the PC or have more things open.

The pic from not having games turned on. Just Mozilla, steam (downloading games), adrenaline (AMD program), dragon center (for temps) and control panel are being open.

At games the CPU is always at a 100% with the GPU nearing it but not going above the 98% most cases, still doing tests but as news, spiderman at 1440 with RT on and no FSR is doing great numbers above 100 fps in combact and traversal with some stutters.

Sorry if I look oblivious or just ignorant, english is not my main idiom and I´m still learning everything about troubleshooting, I have no one near me that knows about this stuff. At least no one asks me to help them with their printers hahaha.

Thanks again for the help.

visor.PNG

Edited by Descrapto

4 hours ago, Descrapto said:

The ram would be used for the new parts and not for the setup im using right now if you are talking about that.

And for the possible bottleneck, I may have one the usage is most of the times at a 100% of use when I turn on the PC or have more things open.

The pic from not having games turned on. Just Mozilla, steam (downloading games), adrenaline (AMD program), dragon center (for temps) and control panel are being open.

At games the CPU is always at a 100% with the GPU nearing it but not going above the 98% most cases, still doing tests but as news, spiderman at 1440 with RT on and no FSR is doing great numbers above 100 fps in combact and traversal with some stutters.

Sorry if I look oblivious or just ignorant, english is not my main idiom and I´m still learning everything about troubleshooting, I have no one near me that knows about this stuff. At least no one asks me to help them with their printers hahaha.

Thanks again for the help.

visor.PNG

If they’re both at basically 100 there’s really not a bottleneck

I wonder if you should try to reinstall windows and stop games on startup, that might speed it up. If you want an upgrade, it would probably be with the cpu

Also buy used if you want, that might be the stutters, but it might still be your cpu.

Unrelated: your English is great. I know it’s not the same, but when I started to learn about computers, though I knew English fluently and I learned it along with Danish, it still was confusing. Keep it going, you’re doing great 🙂

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Linuswasright said:

If they’re both at basically 100 there’s really not a bottleneck

I wonder if you should try to reinstall windows and stop games on startup, that might speed it up. If you want an upgrade, it would probably be with the cpu

Also buy used if you want, that might be the stutters, but it might still be your cpu.

Unrelated: your English is great. I know it’s not the same, but when I started to learn about computers, though I knew English fluently and I learned it along with Danish, it still was confusing. Keep it going, you’re doing great 🙂

Im still doing tests, fortnite wasnt doing great for the stutters for some reason. FF XV is finishing the download soon and ill test it (if the memory leak dont drop the fps too much). 

EDIT: Finally downloaded, tested at 4K and 1440. At 4k with all maxed is the same as before, 30-35 fps. At 1440 with same settings (have to test some lower stuff) reaches 50 and at times 60, must try the "fix", a fight and a scenario that isnt rain at night.

Im also thinking about doing a clean install of Windows and trying its been a while since I reinstalled windows for the Ubuntu virtual machine in 2022.

At the beggining I was thinking about just upgrading the CPU to a 12/13th gen intel cpu but dont know if the compatibility with the motherboard I have now is going to give problems in the long run.

I was seeing used CPU and ram but at least the CPU is out of the question because the prices are way too close or above the original price.

Funny enough I have found the Ram I did originally thought of buying (G flare) second hand for 99 euros but dont know if its worth it knowing its used.

Thanks for the kind words seriously.

Edited by Descrapto

2 hours ago, Descrapto said:

Im still doing tests, fortnite wasnt doing great for the stutters for some reason. FF XV is finishing the download soon and ill test it (if the memory leak dont drop the fps too much). 

EDIT: Finally downloaded, tested at 4K and 1440. At 4k with all maxed is the same as before, 30-35 fps. At 1440 with same settings (have to test some lower stuff) reaches 50 and at times 60, must try the "fix", a fight and a scenario that isnt rain at night.

Im also thinking about doing a clean install of Windows and trying its been a while since I reinstalled windows for the Ubuntu virtual machine in 2022.

At the beggining I was thinking about just upgrading the CPU to a 12/13th gen intel cpu but dont know if the compatibility with the motherboard I have now is going to give problems in the long run.

I was seeing used CPU and ram but at least the CPU is out of the question because the prices are way too close or above the original price.

Funny enough I have found the Ram I did originally thought of buying (G flare) second hand for 99 euros but dont know if its worth it knowing its used.

Check if the needed ram is hitting the 16gbs of use

Also check the use ages. Stutters are normally caused by either of those

Im checking the use ages while doing more testing. so far still looking into.

About if the ram is hitting the 16GB while gaming, it is not, is staying at from 8 to 14 in the panel control at most while playing demanding games (forspoken, spiderman, forza 5, FF XV).

Also tested more FF XV, after turning off most of the Nvidia and putting some things at high (instead of max) the fps at 1440 has gone up to 70 roaming the world but the GPU is not reaching 50% use, need more testing.

13 hours ago, Descrapto said:

Fortnite loves 32GB of RAM or higher, lower is a little funny with it, its an absoute RAM hog as its not optimised well and just kinda runs.

For DDR5 id recommend 6000CL30 RAM, will provide you a little jump in performace, especially with Ryzen.

If you plan on getting the 7600X get the 7600 instead, cheaper, runs cooler, uses have the power and comes with a cooler, only difference is about a 1-2% difference in performance

PCPartPicker Part List: https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/PLqNHG

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€209.90 @ PC Componentes) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€177.99 @ Amazon Espana) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€142.04 @ Coolmod) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€101.22 @ Amazon Espana) 
Total: €631.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-09 12:29 CEST+0200

Slightly edited build, similar quality PSU for 60EUR less than the corsair one and the 7600 as mentioned above

RAM and Motherboard are the best choices for the prices in Spain imo so you nailed that one!

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

10 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Fortnite loves 32GB of RAM or higher, lower is a little funny with it, its an absoute RAM hog as its not optimised well and just kinda runs.

For DDR5 id recommend 6000CL30 RAM, will provide you a little jump in performace, especially with Ryzen.

If you plan on getting the 7600X get the 7600 instead, cheaper, runs cooler, uses have the power and comes with a cooler, only difference is about a 1-2% difference in performance

thanks for the info, at least that tells me that I will keep playing fortnite on console (if a cool season or crossover is announced) hahaha.

For the Ram I think the one I was thinking of buying suits the specs you recommend me https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/LBstt6/gskill-flare-x5-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr5-6000-cl30-memory-f5-6000j3038f16gx2-fx5 Im seeing one that cost me 99 euros second handed and barely used instead of a new one.

For the CPU you think that for a difference of 15 euros in price the normal is better than the X variant? without taking into account the cooler.

You think a new PSU might be necesary or the one I currently have is enough https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/QtnG3C/nox-power-supply-nxhummer750gd (forget about the gold thing it does not have that)? the cultitst list tells me to throw away the time bomb that is my PSU hahaha

8 minutes ago, Descrapto said:

thanks for the info, at least that tells me that I will keep playing fortnite on console (if a cool season or crossover is announced) hahaha.

For the Ram I think the one I was thinking of buying suits the specs you recommend me https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/LBstt6/gskill-flare-x5-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr5-6000-cl30-memory-f5-6000j3038f16gx2-fx5 Im seeing one that cost me 99 euros second handed and barely used instead of a new one.

For the CPU you think that for a difference of 15 euros in price the normal is better than the X variant? without taking into account the cooler.

You think a new PSU might be necesary or the one I currently have is enough https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/QtnG3C/nox-power-supply-nxhummer750gd (forget about the gold thing it does not have that)? the cultitst list tells me to throw away the time bomb that is my PSU hahaha

The Ram is bang on (check edited comment above)

For the CPU, it is a minimal difference in price off the bat and the X is better performing, but for such little performance gain (1-2%) id go for the non-X, youll see maybe 1 FPS more with the X, plus it consumes about half the power so youll save money that way too in the long run, plus you could sell the cooler it comes with as you a;ready have a noctua cooler that should cool the 7600(non-X) with no issue, or sell both (as noctua coolers are PRICEY) and buy a thermalright for about 40EUR as have the best performing cooler on the market currently

I think a new PSU couldnt hurt, and the seasonic i recommended above is A-Tier, gold efficiency so youll have some power saving and therefore money saving there too

System specs:

damn I forgot about that cooler, the list on pc part was made a few months ago, later I did remember that the cooler is the case stock cooler. I may want to look into another cooler i case the temperatures get way to high or use the one with the CPU.

A new PSU might be better than the one Im using now, and the one you posted in the pc part link (thanks for it BTW) looks great.

For the parts I´m going to buy the things one at a time while I wait for others to go on sale in early summer to be prepared for the new exp of FF XIV.

Funny, the seller that may sell me the used ram, offers me a 5800X because he does not have a 7600 but brand new.

Thx for the info again.

10 minutes ago, Descrapto said:

damn I forgot about that cooler, the list on pc part was made a few months ago, later I did remember that the cooler is the case stock cooler. I may want to look into another cooler i case the temperatures get way to high or use the one with the CPU.

A new PSU might be better than the one Im using now, and the one you posted in the pc part link (thanks for it BTW) looks great.

For the parts I´m going to buy the things one at a time while I wait for others to go on sale in early summer to be prepared for the new exp of FF XIV.

Funny, the seller that may sell me the used ram, offers me a 5800X because he does not have a 7600 but brand new.

Thx for the info again.

For coolers get one of these

Standard version

https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/GpbRsY/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120-se-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-ps120se

RGB version

https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/MzMMnQ/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120-se-argb-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-ps120se-argb

Currently top of their class for cooling

You could go for an AM4 build instead, but the 7600 is already better than the 5800X as the platform change was such a big upgrade

image.png.1fa393c33745103d960ce19e6c096f07.pngimage.png.56982ab781bf9adb46ceee6e8c39129c.png

System specs:

8 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

For coolers get one of these

Standard version

https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/GpbRsY/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120-se-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-ps120se

RGB version

https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product/MzMMnQ/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120-se-argb-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-ps120se-argb

Currently top of their class for cooling

You could go for an AM4 build instead, but the 7600 is already better than the 5800X as the platform change was such a big upgrade

image.png.1fa393c33745103d960ce19e6c096f07.pngimage.png.56982ab781bf9adb46ceee6e8c39129c.png

wow thanks again, more for the comparation. I was using https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/5033vs5172vs3869/AMD-Ryzen-5-7600X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-7600-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X in order to compare the CPUs (and Intel ones) but this tells me to avoid the 5800X.

I will buy the ram first as the seller looks like is on a clereance spree and wait for the next parts. what would you recomend to get first or wait?

I have also whislisted the normal Cooler you recomended, I´m not a huge fan of RBG as I usually play at night.

I just hope this build wont kill me with the heat on summer, the humidity here is mortal hahaha.

37 minutes ago, Descrapto said:

wow thanks again, more for the comparation. I was using https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/5033vs5172vs3869/AMD-Ryzen-5-7600X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-7600-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X in order to compare the CPUs (and Intel ones) but this tells me to avoid the 5800X.

I will buy the ram first as the seller looks like is on a clereance spree and wait for the next parts. what would you recomend to get first or wait?

I have also whislisted the normal Cooler you recomended, I´m not a huge fan of RBG as I usually play at night.

I just hope this build wont kill me with the heat on summer, the humidity here is mortal hahaha.

The 7600 is very efficient, consuming only 65W max to run, 1/3 less than the 9600K, so should actually run cooler. Id say leave the cooler til you get the CPU as you wont need it before that and its not going to go up in price, other than that, whatever is cheaper than the average selling price currently (PC Part Picker is good for this as it provides a previous sell price graph) so you can buy components at their cheapest price. Other than that the order you buy the parts in wont matter, as youll need a motherboard to use the cpu and ram, etc, i.e. all parts are dependant on each other

System specs:

Hi everyone sorry for the lack of info. Been busy.

I have recieved the used Ram I ordered for 99 euros. How do you see it?

The seller had good reviews but I want to ask for your opinions.

Now I need to wait to order the rest of the parts but at least I have started.

When I recieve the rest and mount it I'll put another post here showing it.

Thanks to everyone for your help and amaizing advice. Im really am.

Have a good day/night

20240411_120422.jpg

20240411_120405.jpg